Preemies

Peg tube

It's come that time, our ex 24 weeker , 6 months old 2 adjusted is getting rid of her NG and is getting a peg . She's having reflux and irritation from her NG she's gagging and doesn't seem happy with it. Her bottle feeding is down in the dumps. Anyone have any words of advice or comments? She has chronic lung disease too and on oxygen. I'm just a reck and been crying all day. I feel so guilty. I'm also so paranoid of her going back on the vent for surgery and getting off. I know she's bigger and stronger now but still , it's my worst nightmare. She's now over 12 pounds and doing great other wise
BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Peg tube

• I never reply to posts, but I saw yours and had to write. Have an ex-23 weeker who spent 8 months in the nicu. Had her gtube placed one month after getting extubated. Needless, to say I was scared out of my wits. You are right she is bigger and older now. She can tolerate a lot more and has already learned how to breath on her own. Nothing I can say will take away the nerves.  Just chiming in to let you know that it is possible for procedure to work out just like they tell you it should. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"