December 2010 Moms

Car organizers?

So I just spent the morning picking up all the kid clutter off of my car floors. I have tried a few tote bags to help contain and keep us organized but it hasn't really worked well. Does anyone use something they like? Do you prefer behind the front seat or next to carseat?
I've seen a few tutorials on DIY stuff but haven't tried any yet since my sewing is pretty novice level
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Car organizers?

• I'm anxiously awaiting the answer to this considering that we've spend a lot of time in the car the past few weeks and my car looks like a bomb hit it.  Sorry I'm no help!
  • What kinds of things do you keep in the car?  I'm pretty OCD about clutter so we keep minimal items in there.  Are you talking about for everyday stuff or for when you travel?  Just driving around town DD only is allowed to bring her Mickey.  We are not in the car very long and she tells me when she see's every single bird, yellow sign, red stop (red light), green go (green light), car, truck, blue sky, white cloud.  She seems to keep entertained without extra 'stuff'.  Even running errands I just keep a small case of wipes in my purse with 2-3 diapers.  If we are going to be out for a while I'll bring some fruit snacks/gold fish and a sippy of water.  We do keep an extra sweater for her and blanket in the trunk in a reusable fabric grocery bag - but that's exactly what you say doesn't work out for you.  I'll be curious to see what others have to say.

Husband and Wife 2010
    DD 12.2010
    TTC #2 Since Aug 2012
    DX PCOS 7.25.13
    Started Metformin 7.2013
    DH SA results 6.19.14 - Too few normal sperm
    8.13.14 - SURPRISE BFP - EDD 3/30/14 Based on LMP
    MMC 9/24/14, D&C 9/25/14 13w3d, Measured at 7w4d

3.14.15 BFP #3 - EDD 11/11/15 based on LMP
  • Loading the player...
  • My CRV has gotten cluttered up with things that J has thrown and we left just in case we needed it later.  The back has a bunch of park and beach toys, and a picnic blanket, and emergency supplies, etc.

I don't have an organizer, but I know I need one.  I keep imagining getting in a wreck and having books and toy cars slamming into the back of my head. :(  
    I used to be a big deal.  Now I'm just old. 
  • enjoylifeenjoylife member
    edited July 2013

What kinds of things do you keep in the car?  /p>

It's usually books, shoes, papers from Sunday school, and toys and cups that get left behind. I try and keep it minimal but nowadays J requires a toy or 2 since he doesn't just fall asleep on the car and A likes to read so we usually bring a few books and a toy or two. Unfortunately when I get home I unload the boys but not always the stuff so it accumulates.i do keep a canvas bag in the back with spare outfits and diapers for J but its the back seat where the boys are that just gets cluttered.
  • --halo-- said:

;I keep imagining getting in a wreck and having books and toy cars slamming into the back of my head. :(  

Lol this is my fear as well

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"