High-Risk Pregnancy

Echogenic intracardiac focus

echogenic intracardiac focus

I had an elective scan a few days ago to tell me the sex, they did a whole anatomy scan. Sent a report to my dr and said they found a bright spot on the heart. It's a 'soft' marker for tri 18. I've had all the genetic testing, NT scan, and everything was normal and good. Dr says its probably nothing and will reabsorb. Go back in a few weeks for another scan. Anyone encounter one before? Holy nerve wreaking.
Colton Emanuel
March 16, 2011

My Blog

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Echogenic intracardiac focus

• I'm currently pregnant with twins and they both had this shown up. They have similar no other hard markers and all blood work has been good. The Perinatologist said he sees this more often than not and babies are born just fine. I freaked out too. I posted about it on another board, multiples I think, and everyone that had the same situation said their babies are fine!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • My OB thought my little girl had one too. I went back for an additional U/S 4 weeks later to find out that there wasn't any sign of the echogenci focus. I was told that a lot of babies have this, and usually nothing to worry about if this is the only marker. HTH!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"