Babies on the Brain

Car seat

Tell me about yourself. It is rare I like newbs. You seem to have your shit together. Don't make me regret posting this.

Re: Car seat

• I've seen car seat while lurking on other boards. I was excited to see you posting over here. Welcome :-h
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• I'm sorry for your losses. I also had a second tri loss. I will keep my fingers crossed for loud and obnoxious healthy twins. :D it is refreshing to have witty new blood.
  • Loading the player...
  • We are hobby twins! :)  My family-building journey hasn't turned out the way I thought it would, either, so I can relate somewhat.  Congrats on your twins, and fingers crossed that they stay put and grow!  :)
  • car seat said:
    We are hobby twins! :)  My family-building journey hasn't turned out the way I thought it would, either, so I can relate somewhat.  Congrats on your twins, and fingers crossed that they stay put and grow!  :)
    Oh, you're adopting! Congratulations! I'm going to check out your blog and I hope that it's going smoothly for you so far, and that you'll bring home your gnome soon.  :x

And high five on those hobbies! I'm in my busy season for work so I'm finding it tougher to get as much knitting done, but I'm trying to take a little time to work on something this weekend. I'm a much more prolific knitter in my off season. :D
    My blog is fairly neglected, lol.  We just had our seminar a few weeks ago and are waiting (impatiently) to schedule our home visit and interviews with the social worker, then we'll hopefully be approved and "waiting".  As if we haven't been waiting for almost 5 years, lol.

I haven't been running for about a year (yikes!), but I'm about to start up again because I'm training for my 8th half marathon in December. :)  I just finished knitting a baby blanket for our future LO.  Are you on Ravelry?
  • car seat said:

My blog is fairly neglected, lol.  We just had our seminar a few weeks ago and are waiting (impatiently) to schedule our home visit and interviews with the social worker, then we'll hopefully be approved and "waiting".  As if we haven't been waiting for almost 5 years, lol.

I haven't been running for about a year (yikes!), but I'm about to start up again because I'm training for my 8th half marathon in December. :)  I just finished knitting a baby blanket for our future LO.  Are you on Ravelry?
    That's okay! I know it's quite the process (holy crap, the paper work). But I hope you can get your social worker stuff done soon! The seminar, was it your PRIDE training? Even though we ended up down a different path (we've been through a lot of the adoption process - long story) I found the PRIDE training to be extremely valuable and I feel I'm a better parent for having taken it. Which type of adoption are you pursuing? I hope that it'll all pick up again soon and you'll be well on your way. 

I've hardly been able to run in over two years now, and when I last had a break in treatment I found it sooo hard to pick it back up again, but I really miss it. Your 8th half, that's amazing! I've only done one but I loved it, and I'm planning to run another next fall, if possible. Where will you run in December?

I am on rav! I love it. What a cool site, eh?
    We are pursuing domestic infant adoption through an agency.  We don't have PRIDE training for that, but a 2 day seminar which covers different aspects of open adoption, prenatal exposure risks, interracial adoption, etc.  It was a good class, but I didn't learn as much as I thought I might, partially due to all the books they assigned us to read (not sure if they're actually mandatory or not, but I'm treating them like they are).

My half in December will be in Dallas (I live in the Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex).  If you want to be friends on rav, my screen name is the same as here! :)
  • Popping in to laugh at Car being a newb.
    Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • Popping in to laugh at Car being a newb.

New to the board = newb to me
  • Car is the bomb! Love you lady! :-*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"