Birthday Parties

Dear Emily Post, (toy registry)

Looking for some etiquette feedback... FTM and I'm trying to plan ahead for DS's 1st birthday.  I've noticed some stores now have a toy registry for kids birthdays and for the holiday season.  Is this something that's actually acceptable to do?  I understand the convenience of it, but I just can't seem to get on board with it.  I guess I'm just old-school.  What are your thoughts? Acceptable or would you side-eye this?

my hero wears kevlar Pictures, Images and Photos

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Dear Emily Post, (toy registry)

• hmdhmd member
    I am not a fan.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm a list maker, so I like the idea of a registry for me - to help me keep track of ideas I have throughout the year so when it comes time for the event I'm not trying to remember all the good ideas I had.

I do not like the idea of a registry that would be distributed to friends/families/invitees.  Seems a little gauche to me.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah, I'm cool with having a list, whether it's written, on my phone, or mental, but it's a list for me.  If someone asks me for said list, I'll share, but to have a registry and share "just in case" seems like you're asking for gifts.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • A registry for a birthday party is tacky, IMO

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Thank you ladies! I totally agree with all of you.

my hero wears kevlar Pictures, Images and Photos

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • We have Amazon lists for each family member and it isn't just gifts, we put practical stuff on there too so we remember to get them-handy if there is particular brand to get. The only people that have access to it is the grandparents as it eliminates duplicate gifts for birthdays/Christmas. They always asked for detailed lists and wanted to be told what to get. Now a public registry like it is a shower??? Tacky!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"