Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

EBF's - Has your supply gone down??

DS is 6 1/2 months and I feel like my supply has really decreased in the last couple weeks. He only gets solids once a day and I nurse the other 4-5 times a day. My boobs just feel a lot smaller and less full... Is this normal? Or should I be worried about decreased supply?

Re: EBF's - Has your supply gone down??

• Options
    it's normal to feel that way.  You really can't judge fullness based on how your boobs feel.  If LO is wetting and gaining normally I wouldn't worry.
    William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    pb_bridepb_bride member
    edited July 2013
    DS is 8.5 months now. I felt the same way when he turned 6 months. I don't ever feel full anymore during the day, except first thing in the morning. As long as your LO seems content, gaining weight and happy, I don't think you need to worry. Having said that, when DS was 6 months, I was still nursing him 7-8x a day. Now at 8.5 months, he nurses 6x a day. If you're concerned, you can always offer more nursing sessions; that may help increase your supply.
    TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My DS2 is 7 months and I have just started noticing this. I was trying to remember when it happened for DS1 and I think it was around this time as well and I went on to successfully and exclusively BF for over a year with him.
    DS1 5/15/11
    DS2 12/20/12
  • Options
    pb_bride said:

Having said that, when DS was 6 months, I was still nursing him 7-8x a day. Now at 8.5 months, he nurses 6x a day. If you're concerned, you can always offer more nursing sessions; that may help increase your supply.</

This. Every baby is different, but DD is almost 8 months old and still nurses at least 7 or 8 times per day. And you said he has solids but you nurse the other meals... Solids should NOT be replacing meals at 6 months old! I'm not sure if that's what you meant, but that's what it sounds like. He should be offered solids 30 to 60min after nursing or having a bottle, ideally. To answer your question, I don't feel full anymore except first thing in the morning.

• Options
    Mine has too, I feel like I am playing catch up having to keep up with a d/c supply. Not very fun pumping at midnight and 5 am every day, and that just keeps it for barely enough each day. (She gets 3 6 oz bottles a day at d/c)
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"