Pittsburgh Babies
Options

Nuchal Translucency Screening at Magee

I have an appointment at Magee on Monday afternoon for my first trimester screening. Just wanted to get an idea of what to expect. Will they check for the heartbeat? We've had two early ultrasounds at 6 and 7 weeks, so we've seen the heartbeat, but we haven't heard it yet. Also, should I have my husband go with me? He's not going to be able to take time off from work for every one of my appointments, but if this is an important one to have him at then he's happy to go. Thank you!!

Re: Nuchal Translucency Screening at Magee

• Options
    I don't think I've heard the heartbeat at any appointments other than my midwife, but obviously you can see it on the screen  ;-)  I think the ultrasound part of our NT scan took about 20 min or so, then bloodwork. Everything looked normal on the ultrasound, so I can't really speak to this, but I have DH come with me to all the ultrasounds just in case they find something. I told him he doesn't have to come to the other appointments, but he has been because his work schedule has just worked out that way. Anyway, I'd really hate to be alone if they found something abnormal. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but you never know! 
  • Options
    MrsYamMrsYam member
    I think it all depends on your ultrasound tech. I had 2 NT scans with my girls and I was able to hear the heartbeat with one, and the other I didn't. It takes about 20-30 minutes. I liked to have my hubby there just because it's not every day you get to see your unborn child!

Good Luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    asm07asm07 member
    Thanks so much! I don't think you're paranoid at all! My husband just started his job in January, and he's already missed a few days for our fertility treatment procedures. Before I told him to take more time off I wanted to make sure other husbands come to this appointment too. Thanks again for your input!
  • Options
    asm07asm07 member
    Thanks, MrsYam! I'm the kind of person who likes to have an idea of what to expect. I'm definitely going to have my husband go, especially since he really wants to.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"