Trouble TTC

Lap ladies, quick advice...

I have an appointment with my RE this morning to talk about next steps if this IUI doesn't work, which will probably a lap. I have a nice long list of questions for her about the surgery, but wanted to see if there are any questions that you wish you had asked your dr before your surgery that I should add to my list? TIA for any replies!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC since Sept 2011, Unexplained IF
Oct 12 - Jan 14: 3 clomid/TI cycles, 2 hysteroscopies, 2 IUIs, 1 BFP (MMC @ 12w), 2 more IUIs
Feb 14: Gonal-f + IUI #5 = BFP! (EDD 11/4/14)
Baby boy arrived 11/13/14!

Re: Lap ladies, quick advice...

• I don't think I asked a lot of specific questions before mine, since it's a pretty straightforward procedure.  But maybe checking where all of the incisions will be made (which they'll probably cover with you anyways), and what method your RE will use to remove any possible endo they find.  They also covered what I would pay when (X amount at pre-op, X amount day of, X amount billed afterwards, etc.) which was helpful. 

Most of my questions had to do with what to expect in terms of pain and tips to feel comfortable during recovery, which I learned from the boards.  Good luck!

Me 33, DH 37 -- TTC since Jan'12 -- Low AMH (0.78) & endo, SA w/ low motility
    IUI's 1-3 = BFN, IVF converted to IUI 4/13 = BFN
    IVF 1.2: 8R 6M 4F -- 2 blastocysts frozen, FET 8/15 = BFP!!
    Beta #s = 445;1,098; 9,545  -- EDD 5/2 -- Team Pink!
    Camila Josephine arrived 4/30 :)
  • I would definitely ask things along the lines of expected recovery time, limitations during recovery (driving, lifting, exercise), pain management plan, and insurance coverage (including any pre-authorizations/certifications).  If they find anything (endometriosis, fibroids, etc), will they remove/burn them during this surgery or will they need to schedule another surgery.  (With my first lap, my doctor indicated that she would burn any endometriosis she found but that was it.  If there was anything additional, I would have needed another surgery.)

Good luck and fx that this helps you finally get your BFP!

• Loading the player...
  • rox825rox825 member
    Thanks ladies- she showed me where incisions would be, said that they would remove up to moderate endo as much as they could using excision and burning depending on where, remove any adhesions, and correct any tubal issues that they can during surgery.  Went over recovery etc.  I think I'm set!  Nervous, but leaning toward this as our next step.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC since Sept 2011, Unexplained IF
    Oct 12 - Jan 14: 3 clomid/TI cycles, 2 hysteroscopies, 2 IUIs, 1 BFP (MMC @ 12w), 2 more IUIs
    Feb 14: Gonal-f + IUI #5 = BFP! (EDD 11/4/14)
    Baby boy arrived 11/13/14!

• I'm late to this but double check and triple check that you are preapproved by your insurance if that is necessary. I had months of problems after mine because my insurance said my RE never got it preapproved.

Luckily my nurse was amazing and had written down exactly who she talked to at blue cross and when they gave instructions that it wasn't necessary for preapproval. After my surgery BCBS tried to say it was necessary and they wouldn't pay for any of it. Well thank goodness my nurse had saved everything and proved that they did attempt to get it approved.

Me: 32 DH: 31.
    B/W: good. SA: good.
    November 2012: Paratubal cyst found during U/S.
    January 10, 2013: Lap removed paratubal cyst and Stage 2 Endometriosis. 
    3 cycles of Femara + TI = BFNs

June 2013: Femara 2.5 mg, Gonal F Injects 37.5 IU, Menopur, trigger + IUI = BFN

July 2013: Femara 2.5 mg, Gonal F Injects 75 IU, Menopur, trigger + IUI = BFP!!!!

Beta 1 @ 11 DPIUI = 76. Progesterone = 27.3

BFP 8/16/2013 // EDD 4/28/2014

Jordan Samuel born April 19, 2014. 6 lb, 12 oz and 18 inches long.

CLICK ME!!!11!!1111!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"