February 2012 Moms

cruising w/toddler

we are going on a cruise in sept (royal Caribbean).  Has anyone gone on a cruise w/LO's?  Would love to hear any tips!  Never been on a cruise so a little worried.  Did you bring a carseat?  The port is a 30 minute ride from airport so I am thinking that's a must.  Im wondering how it works when you get to ports (we are going to st Thomas/st marten) did you bring car seat for the cab ride & carry it around with you?  We probably wont go on any excursions but would like to go to the beach.  Thanks im rambling but any tips would be much appreciated :)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: cruising w/toddler

• I can't help, never been on a cruise, just wanted to say you are brave!  Just the thought of having to chase Allison all over a boat gives me anxiety! 

I hope you have a blast...and I would say bring the carseat but also maybe call the cruise line to see what they recommend about the ports.

Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• I am so with MrandMrsBaby.  That sounds like the 10th circle of hell to me, but I am sure tons of people do it and have a blast.  I think I would worry about him going overboard.  The entire time.
  • Loading the player...
  • OH, and cabs in St Thomas are not all cabs.  They are open air trucks in the back, most often.  A car seat would be useless.  You might want to work with the cruise line to make other arrangements on island - a real cab - just to be sure.  When we went from the shopping district to a local beach the only cabs were the open aired ones.
  • We went on a cruise for our honeymoon. I would rather eat worms than take DD on a cruise during the stage/age she is right now. You are brave!!
  • haha I know I must be a little crazy :)  Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"