C-sections
Options

Driving

Give me the real scoop on how long you are waiting to drive. My discharge paperwork says one to two weeks. I'm not sure if that's from my csection or my discharge and DH is doing the math that makes it the longest... I need ammo : I can't remember what I waited for DS 1 but I was in new mom hermit mode. I am now in Need to Get the Toddler Out if the House mode. Lol! My recovery has been great so far just looking to hear other experiences! TIA!

Re: Driving

• Options
    With DD, I drove after about 2 weeks. I hope to do the same this time around which would be NEXT Wed. I know the doc said after you felt up to it and was off pain meds
    Cheryl (26) Andy (25) Married 1 year as of 8-17-13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I wasn't given any guidelines after #1 and drove 12 days after she was born.  With DS I was told to wait two weeks (I had to ask, though) and did.  I had pretty easy recoveries and could probably have driven earlier, but didn't need to.
    DD born 10/10/07 * DS born 11/25/11 * #3 due 3/9/2015
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was told 4-6 weeks and I had to be able to turn my torso to each side to check my blind spot and reach forward with both legs to push the pedals without pain or hesitation.  I drove at 4 weeks.  
  • Options
    jefkjefk member

imageNKaeding:
    I was told I could drive once I was off pain killers.

This - my doctor said as long as I wasn't taking Percocet, I could drive.  I was driving short distances 2 weeks PP.  The longest I've driven is about a half hour - I can't sit in the car much longer without the seatbelt hurting my stomach. 

• Options
    jefkjefk member

imageNKaeding:
    I was told I could drive once I was off pain killers.

This - my doctor said as long as I wasn't taking Percocet, I could drive.  I was driving short distances 2 weeks PP.  The longest I've driven is about a half hour - I can't sit in the car much longer without the seatbelt hurting my stomach. 

• Options
    I was told no driving until I could stomp my feet with no pain.  About a week for me
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My OB said 1w, normally he wants you to wait 2w.

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
    GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL!

babybaby
    BabyGaga
  • Options
    I was told 2 weeks, but got out a few days shy of that.  I needed to get out of the house!
  • Options
    I was told 2 weeks and I was fine to drive at that point. I was off the pain meds at this point as well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"