October 2012 Moms
Options

Speaking of lovey's

I just recently learned about these.  I didn't even know what people were referring to.  And now that they've been brought up in the post about putting the babes down at night, I'm thinking it might be best to introduce one now even thought we're late to the game. 

So, what are your babies lovey's?  Blankets, a toy, a rattle?  and any advice on incorporating one into his life now?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Speaking of lovey's

• Options

We have a little blanket stuffed animal.  She's not really into it yet, we'll probably look into other things. 

Just a recommendation, if you're introducing things - try and look for machine washable items that you can easily buy replacements for.  For DD1 her lovie was a washable fisher price my first doll.  We had maybe 4 of them, kept them all around the house, were constantly washing them because she brought (and dropped) them everywhere.  it made life so much easier!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Wesley has a blanket and a teddy bear from Build a bear that my dad took him to go and get together.  He loves both of them.  His blanket goes to daycare with him and then he has his teddy bear at home.  Both are machine washable and like people said have a back up. I have a replacements of both in his closet just in case.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    nealblnealbl member
    DD1 around 10 months started taking her socks off and would carry them around. She then started holding them while sucking her thumb when she was upset. Then she had to have one with her all the time. At daycare I would stick a pile of socks in her cubby so they had a good stash. She started to get more picky about which of her socks she would hold. Then she got ahold of DH argyle sock and that was it. From that point on that's all she wanted. Dh's express expensive argyle dress socks. She became particularly attached to a blue one and started calling it blueee. Now that is her lovey. I like when kids come up with their own loveys. So far dd2 hasn't really shown interest in anything other than the blanket she sleeps with.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I had my eye on a Tiddliwink monkey blankey so I just ordered it from Target.  I'll start working that into "car time" on the way to my mother in law's in the morning and for naps and night night time.  It's more of wanting him to have something that helps him feel secure than having something that will help him sleep better.  Wish us luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    nealbl said:
    DD1 around 10 months started taking her socks off and would carry them around. She then started holding them while sucking her thumb when she was upset. Then she had to have one with her all the time. At daycare I would stick a pile of socks in her cubby so they had a good stash. She started to get more picky about which of her socks she would hold. Then she got ahold of DH argyle sock and that was it. From that point on that's all she wanted. Dh's express expensive argyle dress socks. She became particularly attached to a blue one and started calling it blueee. Now that is her lovey. I like when kids come up with their own loveys. So far dd2 hasn't really shown interest in anything other than the blanket she sleeps with.
    That's hilarious.  DH has a pretty serious obsession with argyle socks.  Could be our thing lol
  • Options
    hilsy85hilsy85 member
    edited July 2013
    We use an angel dear lovey..LO Looooves it. He cuddles with it, chews on it, rubs his face it it..it is so freakin' adorable. It also came in a set of 3, so I don't need to worry about losing it! 

We introduced it by holding it between me and him while I nursed and putting it on his shoulder/stomach when he went to sleep. 

Anniversary

TTC #2 since July 2014
    BFP 9/27/14
    MMC discovered 10/27/14, D&C 11/4/14
  • Options
    hilsy85 said:
    We use an angel dear lovey..LO Looooves it. He cuddles with it, chews on it, rubs his face it it..it is so freakin' adorable. It also came in a set of 3, so I don't need to worry about losing it! 

We introduced it by holding it between me and him while I nursed and putting it on his shoulder/stomach when he went to sleep. 

All of this. DS was gifted an Angeldear lovey (froggie). I introduced it to him when he was around 4 months? I let him hold it while I was nursing him, and gave it to him at naps. When he got older (6m?) I let him have it at bedtime as well. He wasn't too attached to it at the beginning, but now he'll eat it, suck on it, fling it around, snuggle it etc. 

I keep reminding myself that I need to buy an extra one!  It's machine washable and dried quickly in the dryer (<20 mins), but sometimes I find myself rushing to get thru the wash/dry so DS can have his froggie back before his next nap.
    TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"