Baby Showers
Options

Registry Etiquette

KMB611KMB611 member
edited July 2013 in Baby Showers
Is there an etiquette as to how much items should cost on a registry? For example, should someone ask for a stroller that's extremely expensive if her family and friends can't afford something that expensive? I have a relative who is pregnant with baby number three and wants some expensive items that I know people in our family either can't afford or aren't going to purchase. I also know that many of them aren't going to go in together to buy the expensive items. Her older children are in elementary school and high school. Our family also feels that since she's already had two children, there is no need for her to have another baby shower. My grandmother has a theory: If you can't afford it for yourself, don't expect others to buy it for you.

Re: Registry Etiquette

• Options
    I registered for everything I wanted for the first year. I didn't think people would buy the big ticket items but I wanted it so I put it on my registry so I could buy it with my completion coupon. For me, my registry was my shopping list.

Her registering for expensive things is perfectly fine as long as she plans/would buy it. Her having another shower and letting her registry being known is tacky, unless you asked if she was registered.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"