March 2013 Moms

For the working mommies! Enjoy :)

I am a teacher and am already dreading the fall. I read this article and it made me smile. I hope you are all as blessed as I am to be doing what you love when you're away from the ones you love!!

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/parentingcom/dear-daughter-heres-why-i_b_3069576.html

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: For the working mommies! Enjoy :)

• Loved that, thank you.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for posting, I bookmarked it. I am going back to work in 3 weeks, and this article helps put things in perspective. 

Pregnancy Ticker
    20120611-154610-DSC_5742 imageimage
  • I was really looking forward to reading this ... but after I did, I just got super depressed.  Maybe for those who enjoy their job, this would be great.  However I honestly can't say that in the future, I will be able to tell my daughter "I went back to work because I enjoy working".  I would much rather stay home with her than go to work for a job I despise to deal with a bunch of 40-year-old toddlers who can't follow directions.  Jus' sayin'.

On that note - I look forward to orientation for classes tonight because I decided that I AM looking forward to spending even more time away from LO to further my education to set a good example for her that you CAN overcome life's obstacles and finish college, and hopefully then I can tell our next child that I went back to work because I loved my job.

• I was really looking forward to reading this ... but after I did, I just got super depressed.  Maybe for those who enjoy their job, this would be great.  However I honestly can't say that in the future, I will be able to tell my daughter "I went back to work because I enjoy working".  I would much rather stay home with her than go to work for a job I despise to deal with a bunch of 40-year-old toddlers who can't follow directions.  Jus' sayin'.

On that note - I look forward to orientation for classes tonight because I decided that I AM looking forward to spending even more time away from LO to further my education to set a good example for her that you CAN overcome life's obstacles and finish college, and hopefully then I can tell our next child that I went back to work because I loved my job.

I'm kind of with you on this one!  I don't hate my job, but I think I would much rather be at home than here.  I work mostly because we need my income and benefits, and less because I love my job.  Sigh.  

Good for you for going back to school, I think that is definitely something your LO will be proud of you for!  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker         

I'm kind of with you on this one!  I don't hate my job, but I think I would much rather be at home than here.  I work mostly because we need my income and benefits, and less because I love my job.  Sigh.  

Good for you for going back to school, I think that is definitely something your LO will be proud of you for!  
    Thank you!!! I'm pretty excited :) I only finished 1 year of college - I withdrew from the 1st semester of my 2nd year after my dad passed away.  Then I got a full time job, house, husband, baby ... You know, the works, lol.  We are lucky enough that DH gets to be Stay-at-home Daddy now, so at least he is there, but I'm jealous (and he knows it!) :) 

Thank you!!! I'm pretty excited :) I only finished 1 year of college - I withdrew from the 1st semester of my 2nd year after my dad passed away.  Then I got a full time job, house, husband, baby ... You know, the works, lol.  We are lucky enough that DH gets to be Stay-at-home Daddy now, so at least he is there, but I'm jealous (and he knows it!) :) 
    I totally understand the jealousy... my mom watches DD and sometimes I almost wish it was a stranger so I didn't have to hear about how much fun they had while I was stuck at work.  Ha!  Is that horrible?!  My DH wants to be a stay-at-home-daddy, but sadly we need his income too much too.  That would be a whole other level of jealousy for me :P
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker         
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"