Baby Showers
Options

Suggestions instead of a shower

Hi all.  So we are expecting our first baby in November.  Personally, I would love to have a shower (more for the celebration than anything else)...  Unfortunately, most of my friends and family are out of town... like 3000+ miles out of town.  I only have a very small group of local friends, and I'm pretty sure most people would not be willing/able to travel for a shower out here.

Do you guys have any suggestions for a way we can celebrate this baby, without having a physical shower (where maybe a handful of people would show up)?
TTC #1 ♥ since 1/11 
BFP #1 8/21/11 - EDD 5/1/12 - M/C 9/25/11 ♥ BFP #2 11/17/11 - EDD 8/1/12 - C/P 11/20/11
DH (37) SA = mediocre  Me (31) Low AMH/DOR, Septate Uterus (repaired via Hysteroscopy)
IUI 1-3 = 3 BFNs ♥ IVF 11/12 = BFFN :( ♥ IUI 4 + Injects 1/13 = BFN :(IUI 5 + Injects = cancelled due to cyst
BFP #3 - 3/9/13 ♥ EDD 11/21/13 Break cycle miracle! ♥ Stick baby, stick!!  IT'S A GIRL!
Caitlyn Emma born 11-6-13, 5lb 7.5oz, 18.5in

♥ Congrats BFPB HuskyMomma94, David arrived 4/26/12!  And #2 due 3/10/14! ♥
♥ Luck and love BFPB siple1am!! ♥

image image 
image image image
My Chart ♥ My Blog  Magic Love!!  ITFB Love!!
♥ Everyone Welcome 

Re: Suggestions instead of a shower

• Options
    Will you be going to visit family after the baby is born? If so a meet the baby party would be a lot of fun

DD born Oct 2011 - DS#1 born Jan 2014 - DS#2 born Apr 2015 - DS#3 born Sept 2016 - LO#5 due Feb 7, 2018

• Options
    Agreed. A Meet the Baby party about 6-8 weeks after baby is born would be great.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Have a party AFTER the baby is actually here if you just want to 'celebrate'.  As the point is the baby, it makes sense for the baby to actually be here. 

Anything pre-baby will absolutely be seen as a shower, and you should NOT throw one of those for yourself.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Options
    LuCloLuClo member
    I know it doesn't replace a shower, but maybe set up a website for baby?  Include pictures of your growing bump, work on the nursery, ultrasounds, etc.  Update it with notes about different things you're experiencing.  That way OOT family can still feel included in the process.  Set up a specific section of the page for other mom's to write their best advice, or recommend favorite baby products.  I'm sure you could include registry information on their somewhere if that's what you're going for.  But more importantly it will help create that sense of support and involvement generally associated with showering MTB into motherhood.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"