Late Term and Child Loss
Options

baby at work

angelsnightangelsnight member
edited July 2013 in Late Term and Child Loss

Ticker warning

Today marks 4 months since we lost Kayla and Friday would have been my EDD. The other lady in my office that was pregnant with me brought in her one month old today to show everyone.

I thought I would be ok as long as she stayed over in her department with the baby which is a decent distance away, but when I heard the baby cry for the 5 th time I decided I was done and went to lunch. I barely made it to my car before the floodgates opened. I just kept picturing my sweet girls face and what I would have given to have heard her cry. I knew it would be hard when she brought her in, but dammit why did it have to be this week?

ETA: I think I'm going to explode.  I left for lunch for an hour and when I came back she was STILL here.  In total she was here for 2 hours and I had to sit out in the hall for an hour waiting for her to leave.  If my boss had come by I would have asked him then if she could be asked to leave, but he didn't.  But I did see two co-workers who knew I was upset but nope, neither one of them to thought to ask her if she could take her visit away from my desk.  I really hate people sometimes.  I know none of it was done to purposefully hurt me but people's utter ignorance is just as painful sometimes.  If the situation were reversed, I would NEVER bring in my crying newborn if one of my co-workers had recently lost theirs.

Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

Re: baby at work

• Options

((HUGS))  It's so hard when we get that rush of emotions and wonder why we have to keep experiencing painful reminders of our angels. 

did she at least give you a warning that she was bring the baby in?  I would hope so.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

8/12-Suprise BFP- Sweet Bunny Born Sleeping 11/21/12 (19 weeks)

-5/7/13- MMC (8 Weeks)

11/6/13- BO discovered at 7 weeks- natural MC 11/25/13

8/14- Surpise IF dx...low AMH (.24)- moving on to IVF

IVF #1- 11/14- 6R5M4F=2 perfect frosties

12/19/14- FET of 2 embabies = BFP!!!  One Little Bean EDD: 9/3/15

Everyone Welcome.

• Options
    No she didn't. We don't really talk and she's in another dept. But I know she knew I was pregnant and about my loss. News travels fast on my floor. People at work haven't been super insensitive, but there have been a few instances like this where a little sensitivity would have gone a long way. But as it usually goes, its been four months and I'm not sobbing at my desk so most people assume I'm over it by now. What a joke.

Thanks for the ihug, I needed it.
    Lilypie - (fm2j)

Lilypie - (YesX)

My Pregnancy/Parenting BLOG TTC since 5/2011, BFP #1 12/3/11, M/C 12/7/11 @ 4wks 2d. Began seeing RE Sep 2012. October 2012 Metformin 1500 mg= ovulation on CD34 BFP#2 11/14/12 9DPO, EDD 7/26/13, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks, our angel born sleeping 3/24/13 @ 22wks 2d. BFP #3 7/4/13 8DPO EDD 3/22/14, DX Gestational Diabetes @14 wks. started insulin @16 wks.  Our rainbow, born 3/19/14 @ 39wks 6d., we're so in love!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    So sorry this is all happening THIS week... I'm glad you were able to leave for lunch.  Hopefully by the time you're back, she'll be gone...
    ~ Leah, Rachel and Gabriel were born on May 27, 2013 (23 weeks) ~ Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm so sorry you are having to go through this.  I can't imagine how hard it must be especially since yall were pregnant at the same time and it was on your EDD that she brought the baby in with out warning.  ((HUgs)) I hope that things at work get easier.  It's amazing sometimes how quickly other people move on but it sometimes feels like time is moving so slowly for those of us who have experienced a loss.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    I am so sorry!
    Lilypie - (qptF)

"Elsie Irene was born sleeping at 35w 6d on December 8, 2012. Mommy and Daddy miss you sweet girl."

• Options
    Huge hugs! That would have been so difficult. I am sorry it was this week with your EDD coming up.
    Married 11/23/11, TTC starting 10/12, BFP#1 11/30/12, Adoption of stepson finalized 03/19/13,Loss of our daughter at 20w4d due to incompetent cervix 03/27/13, BFP#2 06/28/13, DS2 born 3/1/14.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Ugh I'm sorry. I know exactly how you feel. There were 3 other people at work pregnant at the same time as I was, and 2 of them have brought their babies into the office. Shame on these people for not being more considerate of our feelings. I am with you- I wouldn't put someone who had suffered a loss in that situation! It's so rude! Yes, we're all happy for you. But flaunting your kid around is like rubbing it right in our faces that you've got your baby while ours are buried. :(. Hugs, hun!!

Ava's Story

BFP#2 10/18/13  Blighted ovum 11/25/13

BFP #3 1/31/14 EDD 10/18/14 -- It's a GIRL!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"