February 2012 Moms

shoes $$$

-What are you willing to spend on shoes for LO?

-What brands are your go to for LO?

-What is the most you have spent on shoes for LO?

-Where do you buy shoes for LO?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: shoes $$$

• I'm ashamed to admit it, but we spend a decent amount (at least in my mind) on LOs shoes. We usually buy them at Stride Rite or a kids specialty shoe store, so they can measure her and fit her right.  I think typically the shoes are in the $40-$50 range, but she only has a couple pairs of shoes at a time.  I really like the Stride Rite early walker shoes because they are so bendable.  My thought at this point is that it's better to have less pairs of shoes of better quality than more shoes at lower quality.  With my DS, we usually get him measured and then look for decent deals online with typical brands (Nike, New Balance, etc.).  

I think as they get older, "good" shoes aren't as important, but I have terrible feet, and I'm convinced part of it is due to wearing pretty cheap shoes growing up.   I spend a lot on my own shoes now because I truly believe in good shoes.  
  • We get a lot of Caroline's shoes at Target but she has 2 pair of Keds, a pair of stride rite, and a pair of converse. I would say we normal spend about $20 on shoes but I am willing to spend a little more if need be. She has been in the sake size shoes since Feb so we get good wear out of them too! I but a lotof her shoes at the consiconsignment sale I go to twice a year.
  • Loading the player...
  • I find that the Stride Rite early walker shoes are very similar to a type of sneakers you can get at Target.  The girls I nanny had both kinds and used them interchangably.  They felt very similar, bent in the same way, have held up for the same amount of time, etc.  We looked at Stride Rite, but in the end waited until a pair of that type of sneaker came to Target and got those.  They are $14.  She has this one pair of sneaker, because I agree that style is best for early walkers, and then a pair of $12 sandals we got because she was going to wear a dress to two birthday parties.
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• I have found that one style of Target sneakers are similar to the Stride Right early walkers.  I agree that they are the best style shoes I've found for walking.  The girls I nanny had both types, and they were similar (in their ability to bend, in their feeling, in the way they open so wide at the top, in how comfortable they were for the girls, in how well they have held up over time, etc.).  We looked at Stride Rite, but waited until a pair of these shoes were at Target and bought them there for $14.  She has those, and then she has one pair of dressier sandals that we got ($12 at Target) for a couple of birthday parties we were going to.  She loves them both, but she wears the sneakers more often.  
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"