Working Moms
Options

Amazon Prime for Diapers - Do My Math?

Can someone do the math for me?

I am not convinced that S&S saves me money on diapers.  Can someone do the math for me?  I don't get that it is a savings when I do it, but I know everyone says it is cheaper.  I would love the convenience, but really, cannot justify a higher spend.

Let's say I buy Pampers Swaddlers in Size 3.

I can buy 92 diapers for $25 at Target.

Math for amazon savings?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Amazon Prime for Diapers - Do My Math?

• Options

Amazon gives you the per-diaper cost. Right now with S&S it says they're 26 cents apiece. 

Target's $25 for 92 diapers is 27 cents apiece. 

So, they're pretty much the same right now. 

Lilypie - (8zJg)Lilypie - (Eu83)
  • Options

I think S&S used to be an awesome deal when they first started it (and had really great savings to lure people to the program).  They've lowered the savings to the point now that I would use it for the convenience factor if you don't trust yourself to get to the store in time but not so much for price savings because it ends up being the same as other places.

imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

You can join Amazon Mom with Prime to get the greatest savings.

The size 3 swaddlers are then $37.59 for a 174 ct package using Subscribe adn Save, working out to 21.6 cents per diaper. There is a $1.50 coupon on this item that you can clip as well and combine it with S&S, making the cost 20.7 cents per diaper.

Amazon Prime is $79 per year, but I find it is a real value with the extra discounts, 2 day Prime shipping, and streaming video.

• Options
    We have Prime but I like Target brand diapers and they always work out cheaper than anything from S&S when I check. I also have a Redcard so I get 5% off and free shipping with no minimum from Target. A box of diapers gets to my house in 2 or 3 days after I order.
    DS: 2/17/11          DD: 9/4/13
  • Options
    That is what I am talking about!  Is there a fee for this Amazon Mom thing?
  • Options

Go to https://www.amazon.com/gp/mom/signup to get the details

You can get a 3 month free trial to see if it saves you money.

If you choose to continue after that, it is $79 per year and includes a full Amazon Prime membership. I use it to save up to 20% on other Subscribe and Save items (dishwasher detergent, paper towels, baby food, baby wipes, pouches, etc.)

• Options
    shannmshannm member
    Target and amazon often come out to be the same on a lot of things.  But I have Prime and I love that I don't have to think about it.  They just show up.
  • Options
    You actually don't save 20% on diapers or wipes with subscribe and save, although they do count towards the 5 items required for the savings.
    PhotobucketLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    The price if you're a prime member is cheaper than if you just buy a box of them. And then even cheaper if you sign up for S&S.

Side note- if you use S&S can you use a coupon as well? How does that work?
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

The price if you're a prime member is cheaper than if you just buy a box of them. And then even cheaper if you sign up for S&S.

Side note- if you use S&S can you use a coupon as well? How does that work?

Clip the coupon, then sign up for a new subscription.  On your checkout page, you should see the dollar amount subtracted for the coupon, and a separate line item subtraction for the subscription discount.  I've done it five or more times on new items.  I've never tried cancelling a subscription, then signing up for a new one to use a coupon.
  • Options
    ebp913ebp913 member

https://www.amazon.com/Pampers-Swaddlers-Diapers-Economy-Count/dp/B004PXCGWI/ref=sr_1_1_ha?ie=UTF8&qid=1374611128&sr=8-1&keywords=pampers+swaddlers+size+3

174 diapers = $46.99 = 27 cents a diaper 

If you do S&S with Prime and have 5 items delivered at a time, you get 20% off.  So, instead of being $46.99 the price is $37.59 = 21.6 cents a diaper

They also often have coupons you can clip (right now its $1.50 off). So, the regular price is $45.49 = 26 cents a diaper.

The savings on not having to go to a store and get DS in and out of the car and spend the time after work or on a weekend running another errand = priceless.

All of this are exactly why I do S&S.  
    image   image
    We were 2 under 2, now 3 under 3!
    Team Green turned Team Pink with #1, Team Green turned Team Blue with #2, Team Green turned Team Pink again with #3
  • Options
    thedash said:
    We have Prime but I like Target brand diapers and they always work out cheaper than anything from S&S when I check. I also have a Redcard so I get 5% off and free shipping with no minimum from Target. A box of diapers gets to my house in 2 or 3 days after I order.
    That is how I work it out too -- UP and UP diapers, 5% off + free shipping when I use my red card, and I also have an employee discount.  Ends up being 11 c per diaper.  Cost obvs goes up if you use a name brand diaper.

BabyFruit Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    In my state I don't pay tax using Amazon so with the extra 6 percent savings it is always less expensive
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"