Eco-Friendly Family

Made in the USA

Hi,

I'm a FTM due January 8, 2014. I hope to make or acquire second-hand a lot of our gear, but when thinking about registering or requests for gift suggestions, I'd like to be prepared. I'm wondering if anyone has any recommendations for baby gear brands that are made in the USA: Clothing, furniture, strollers, etc. 

Thanks!
Ashley

Ashley, FTM, Age 31, Southern California
Jude Meyer was born January 12, 2014, at 21 inches, 7lb, 8oz.

image imageimage

Re: Made in the USA

• Are you planning to use Cloth Diapers?

I use CDN/US/Scotland brands primarily.

Bummis, BG, Swaddlebees, TotsBots, AMP, Blueberry are my favorites.  Some of them have inserts (BG and Blueberry) made in other countries though... which I didn't realize when I purchased them.  You could buy the covers and use something else as an insert no problem though.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Made in America baby furniture is expensive but you can look at Young America or El Greco (cribs sold through Land of Nod).

In addition to the above mentioned brands, Kissaluvs also sells Made in America cloth diapers. 

Planet Wise sells various Made in America products (diaper pail liners, wet bags, cloth diaper covers, reusable sandwich bags, etc). 

You can search for "made in the USA baby" on amazon and a bunch of stuff will pop up.  Good luck! 

• Loading the player...
  • kmcd23kmcd23 member

I love Baby Kicks burp cloths, and they are organic and made in the USA. You can get them, and their other products, on Amazon.

Life Factory glass bottles are made in the US.

For a newborn bath, I'm using a rubbermaid dish bucket, made in the US, with a sponge insert that Target sells just for baby baths, also made in the US. It's much easier at this stage than the larger baths, and useful afterwards for other things, unlike those plastic monstrosities. lol 

I bought our crib mattress and bedding from Naturapedic - organic and made in the US. I also bought their organic waterproof crib liner, and several bassinet liners to use as changing pads at home.

And our Glider is american made from Pottery Barn.

Aventi sells silicone pacifiers that are made in England, and the Soothies are made in the US, but my LO hates those. He likes the Aventi ones. Aventi also has BPA free bottles made in England, but I prefer the glass from Life Factory.

Green Toys is a brand that makes baby and toddler toys out of recycled plastic in the US.  

I tried to do as much made in the US as possible, but it's extremely difficult. 

• kmcd23kmcd23 member
    Also, in the search for a crib, I found that the European made ones were more likely to be made with non-toxic materials than the US made ones. I decided to prioritize that. They are fairly equal in price, except compared to the Amish made ones - those are crazy expensive.
  • alib32alib32 member
    Green Toys makes really great made in USA toys. Haven't started researching baby stuff, yet :) But now I"ll be watching this thread!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • aibreanaibrean member
    edited July 2013
  • aibreanaibrean member
    edited July 2013
    Looks like they fixed the forum.
    PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Cat tickers
  • aibreanaibrean member
    edited July 2013
  • aibreanaibrean member
    edited July 2013
  • aibreanaibrean member
    edited July 2013
  • aibreanaibrean member
    edited July 2013
  • Strollers...you're pretty much out of luck. Same goes for playmats and pack and plays and most plush toys.

As for items that are made in USA: Planet Wise, Thirsties, Flip, Green Toys, Bannor Toys (wooden), some Little Tykes. Evenflo Triumph convertible carseat, Ingenuity chair top high chair, Baby Liberty spoons, Dr. Browns (bottles).

We have the Avent system for bottling. Everything but the formula dispenser is made in England (including the warmer and sterilizer). 

I get toys made in Germany (Haba) if I can't find made in USA because regulations are much stricter. Vulli (French) has some nice chewy toys. I would also try Etsy as many things are handmade.

Moonlight Slumber is a USA-made crib mattress (foam and double sided for infant/toddler).

PitaPata - Personal picturePitaPata Cat tickers
  • Furniture: Young America by Stanley is made in the USA and is Greenguard certified; Best Chairs makes nice upholstered gliders

Naturepedic crib mattresses, pack n play mattresses, changing pads

BabyFetus Ticker
    It's a BOY!

CafeMom Tickers
  • Zulily is having a sale right now on Luca Charles baby wear, made in the USA.
  • For furniture (cribs, dressers, platform beds), check out Pacific Rim.  Their pieces are made in Eugene, Oregon from Western Maple, also known as Big Leaf Maple, which grows along the Pacific Coast from California to Alaska. They hand rub each of their products with their own finish. All products are made of solid maple wood and they only use trees that are harvested in a certified sustainable fashion.
    www.healthyhappytot.com - Healthy, non-toxic product recommendations for children from a mom who has really used them!
  • www.nest.ca specializes in Made in Europe & North America, and if you goto their site, you can find a category for Made in USA.
  • kursemkursem member

i was so excited to see that dr browns bottles are made in the US - they are AMAZING (kind of a pain to clean, but worth it!)

also second green toys - the tugboat has been my daughter's favorite bath toy since infancy (she's almost 5!)...they also have adorable and durable play food sets!

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"