Nurseries and Baby Gear

Registering to what age?

Hi ya'll,

First post!  I'm trying to set up my registry and I'm wondering to what age is it appropriate to register for?  Do I register for the toddler conversion part for the crib?  Do I register for a highchair? 

What's etiquette?

Thanks!
Danielle

Re: Registering to what age?

• Makes sense; Thank you!
  • I agree with PP anything within the first year is appropriate. Definitely a highchair, I would probably buy the toddler conversion kit myself (but to be honest, most cribs lower so much that you dont really need them. We moved DD to her toddler bed at her second birthday and just put  folded comforter beside her bed for two weeks. She fell out twice, and was fine.)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
     Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • If your crib comes from wherever you are registering, I would just add the extra parts after your shower so you can get them on the completion coupon, if possible. For aure, buy whatever crib parts you will eventually want. They change lines so frequently that they are often discontinued by the time you need the stuff.
    image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
    BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• To actually answer your question we went through toddler age so I had a highchair and toddler bowls/plates/utensils. Take n toss are great :) however I would prioritize based on how many people you expect to purchase gifts and how much storage you have. They are definitely not something you will use for mos so I would put the infant stuff on there first then add more later if things get purchased. I had my amazon registry and another private wishlist that I used to store the 'in case I need to add to the list' items.
    image image

• I registered for the conversion kit because you do need to get it right away in case it is discontinued.

I also registered for a high chair, some sippy and snack cups.

One of my reasons for doing this is that mil is throwing me a shower a month or two after the baby arrives, so I wanted something on the list for guests to purchase if they wanted to buy off the registry.

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • We bought our own furniture, including the conversion parts in the event that they weren't available when we needed them.  We also didn't register for too many things far out as that means we have to store all of the things that we won't use until later.  The only thing we registered for that was sort of far off was the activity mat and a bouncy seat.  I think the PPs are right, though, anything to be used within the first year is what I've seen on registries.
  • LuCloLuClo member
    Thanks!  I was wondering this same thing.  I obviously included an infant seat, but wasn't sure about the convertible seat.  Same thing with feeding, I included bottles but was on the fence for bowls/spoons/snack holders.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • mullenem said:
    LuClo said:
    Thanks!  I was wondering this same thing.  I obviously included an infant seat, but wasn't sure about the convertible seat.  Same thing with feeding, I included bottles but was on the fence for bowls/spoons/snack holders.  
    I probably wouldn't include the convertible car seat because you won't be using it for approximately a year most likely, which would basically be wasting a year of the car seat's life just sitting in a box. 

I did include snack containers, bibs for slightly older babies/toddlers (I really like the solid silicone Tommy Tippee ones), spoons, and sippies.  Partially because we had space to store them and also because I like having a lot of the lower price options on the registry too, not just big stuff.
    we registered for the convertible and it was bought for us. 

we have one infant and one convertible seat. we are going to put the infant one in my car (because I will be with the baby the most) and the convertible in DH's car in case he needs to take the baby some place. the convertible car seat can still be used for smaller babies (at least the one we got) but it isn't as convenient because it doesn't come out of the car. But DH can still use it if we are in a pinch. 

Anniversary
    When you've been married this long, you need a ticker to remind you.

Baby Boy M - 08/01/2013 

Expecting Baby Bean February 2017
  • I've also seen people register for a convertible and then return it and keep the giftcard to rebuy a seat later. It doesn't make sense to waste carseat life sitting in a box. Buying when you know your baby's physical build will help you make a better decision anyway.
    image image

• I say up to a year. However, if you are registering for the crib, you can certainly register for any attachments or pieces you will need down the line. If I was buying a crib for someone I'd wan tto buy all the pieces together.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"