March 2012 Moms

NAPS

We're 16 months now and my DD will only nap for 1 hour between 11am and noon.  She goes to bed at 7pm sharp and wakes at 630-7am.  

How are your little ones napping?  I really miss my 2-3 hour break !  

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: NAPS

• Have you tried pushing her afternoon nap back a bit? When I was putting DD down at 11:15, I'd get 2 hours. Now I put her down at 12-12:30 and I get 2.5-3 hrs. 

We moved her bedtime back to 7:30 from 7 when this started happening.  

• DS is up between 6:30 and 7am, takes a nap around 11:30, which is almost always 1.5hrs, sometimes I get 2hrs though :)  Bedtime is 8pm on the dot.

One direction photo: One Direction gif onedirectiongifmacarenaey_zpsbdaf903f.gif
    DS born 3.12 
    DD born 7.14
  • Loading the player...
  • DD is up around 7.

Nap around 12:30 until 2:30/3:15.

Bed around 7:30.

I also agree with keeping your LO up a little longer before trying a nap. The first couple days are going to be awful just from them being tired. But it should help make it a longer nap.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• DS is up around 7:30

Nap at 1:00, usually until at least 2:30.  Occasionally he'll wake up after only an hour (those make for FUN afternoons/evenings) and sometimes he'll sleep until 3:30, which is glorious.  I definitely find that he sleeps longer on days that we've had a particularly busy or active morning.

Bedtime starts at 8:00 and he's in his crib by 8:30 

image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Kristina's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
    We go together like a wink and a smile. June 27, 2009 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    52 books in 2015?           
    image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic   
  • Thank you! I'm going to try 11:30 tomorrow!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Up at 6:30

Nap 10-11:30
    Nap 3-4:30 or 5

Sleep at 8 or 8:30

Wondering of the people who answered - who is at home and who is working. I haven't really pushed for 1 nap, simply because I stay at home but I have heard some 1 year old room day cares say only one nap. Just wondering (not judging)

2 naps isn't bad right? 

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • redjam12 said:

Up at 6:30

Nap 10-11:30
    Nap 3-4:30 or 5

Sleep at 8 or 8:30

Wondering of the people who answered - who is at home and who is working. I haven't really pushed for 1 nap, simply because I stay at home but I have heard some 1 year old room day cares say only one nap. Just wondering (not judging)

2 naps isn't bad right? 

I stay home. DD dropped her morning nap herself at 10 months. A bit early compared to most kids.

Most kids start to drop their morning nap on their own. Start to take forever to fall asleep, don't stay asleep long, etc. No, 2 naps isn't a bad thing. How is he sleeping at night? If he STTN, he may just still need more sleep that the average baby his age. If he isn't STTN, start trying to get rid of the morning nap. He may be getting too much sleep.

Daycares drop the morning nap as most kids around 14/15 months don't need it anymore. And it is impossible to have some kids running around the room and some kids napping. So therefore, all kids have to drop it.

TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• Nicb13 said:

Does the transition to 1 nap get easier? The sitter just started trying to push DS's morning nap to closer to lunchtime and get rid of the afternoon nap but it's not going so well. DS only sleeps for about an hour, then won't go down for another nap at all so he's been super cranky. He still sleeps all night but has been getting up a little earlier than normal.

She thinks he's waking up because he's hungry and that's why he's not sleeping as long.

Any insight? Advice?

The easiest way to drop the morning nap is cold turkey. The first couple days are awful but then it is simple and easy.

• Jane just dropped down to one nap last week.  She was waking up at 2am every. single. night. and staying awake until 4 or 5am.  We dropped the morning nap cold turkey and life has been soooo much better.  

She has to eat lunch before she naps, though.  We usually eat at 11 and I put her down once we're finished eating.  If she doesn't get food in her first, she wakes up early and is grumpy the rest of the day.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• She has to eat lunch before she naps, though.  We usually eat at 11 and I put her down once we're finished eating.  If she doesn't get food in her first, she wakes up early and is grumpy the rest of the day.  
    This is exactly what we did. Lunch, then I get a 2.5-3 hr nap out of her!

• Vans18Vans18 member
    Alexander wakes up at around 6:30am and takes his nap at 11am (he normally eats before napping) and on a good day will nap for about 2 1/2 hours, other days will nap for 1 1/2 hours. Bedtime is at 8pm...usually he knocks out by then pretty easy lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"