3rd Trimester
Options

Stress

This weekend has been incredibly stressful for me due to some personal family issues. To the point where I was having cramping in my stomach and had to go to the hospital to get the baby checked on. It's not as easy as "stay away and dont stress' since the situation calls for me to be involved. Anyone else going through some heavy stressful times right now while pregnant? How are you dealing with it? I can't put my little on at any risk, but I also can't escape the reality of the situation I am in. 

Re: Stress

• Options
    Family issues are the worst and are hard to escape for the most part. I havd not been experiencing similar things during this pregnancy so maybe my advise is not that great but its nice to sometimes put things in petspective and keep reminding yourself that there are women in the world who are in threat of their lives who go on to have perfectly healthy little babies... And that this too shall pass. Is it something in your own home or extended family?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks Celestia, I guess youre right it could always be worse. However, that doesn't take the stress away from me, unfortunately. Thank goodness the stress is not with my husband but rather with my immediate family... I wish it was extended 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes! I am dealing with a SIL that  is a hot mess and causing stress and problems for DH and me. I don't know if this is the best approach, but I have decided to go with brutal honesty and stop caring about others feeling above the health of my LO. I can't say it has stopped the drama. I'm sure some people think I am a b. But I'm done being the diplomat and caring what others think. 
  • Options
    Good to know i am not alone ladies! I wish I could just live on an isolated island until this baby comes!
  • Options
    I know it is different then family issues, but I found out my cat has cancer recently.  It is really stressful and emotional for me, I really consider that cat part of my family.  It helped me somewhat when I got really upset about it to try to step back for a minute and re-evaluate what I was feeling and think is this just the hormones or would I of been this upset if I was not pregnant.  Just acknowledging and accepting my emotions helped me feel a little better.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ewiwooewiwoo member
    Ohh yea, You are not alone. We are in a process of buying a house and the closing date keeps being moved further and further.....Everything for the baby is in boxes. Half of things are not packed... My grandmothers sugar level dropped to a 28 which is pre comma!!! I had to STAND at the ER for 6 hours, to be by her side since she doesn't speak any English, and they still kept her at the hospital for 3 days where i had to go everyday since she refused any treatments without me there. She is 83. I have many many cramps no matter how much i drink or lay down but they go away as soon as i pretend to relax. I forgot to mention I am 33 weeks pregnant. ;) Hope your situation will get resolved and you won't have to stress as much...!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Thank you ladies. Good luck to each of you too!
  • Options
    I am right there with you Mommaderby!!! Thankfully my husband is being very supportive!! But I often find the crying sessions and just going for a drive sometimes helps!!! Also, reading a book!! It literally makes your mind go elsewhere and is relaxing!!! I've also played with the idea of yoga classes! Good luck to you :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"