Attachment Parenting
Options

Opinions on the Ergobaby weather cover?

I'm trying to decide on how to spend a $50 BRU gift card. The largest items left on my list for baby are the ergo baby insert and the ergo baby weather cover. (We already bought the ergobaby carrier).

I expect baby will be large, so I'm starting to think that we should skip the insert. Is the weather cover something I will be glad to have or will the card be better spent on more basic items? (By the way, we will be moving twice in the next 6 months, so we will be dealing with IA and SD winters).

Either way, baby will have everything he needs, but I'm hoping someone can influence my decision. Thanks AP ladies!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Opinions on the Ergobaby weather cover?

• Options
    I've never seen the weather cover...how likely will it be that you'll be outside with LO in the rain?

Honestly, if it were me I'd use the gift card on baby wipes and maybe diapers if you plan to use disposables, or on a bedrail if you plan to bedshare.

You could also hold on to it and see if there is anything you find that you really want once LO is here. I ended up buying a my breastfriend pillow once LO arrived. Didn't think I'd want one but my pedi's office has one and I used it at our first visit and loved it! That's about 40.
    imageimage
  • Options

imageEmerald27:
    I've never seen the weather cover...how likely will it be that you'll be outside with LO in the rain? Honestly, if it were me I'd use the gift card on baby wipes and maybe diapers if you plan to use disposables, or on a bedrail if you plan to bedshare. You could also hold on to it and see if there is anything you find that you really want once LO is here. I ended up buying a my breastfriend pillow once LO arrived. Didn't think I'd want one but my pedi's office has one and I used it at our first visit and loved it! That's about 40.

I wasn't even thinking about rain, actually. I thought it would help for warmth and to protect baby from the wind, but a blanket could probably do that.

Thanks for the advice, I think once baby comes here it would be handy to still have the gift card since some things are unpredictable.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I see. When is your baby due? During the winter, I just wear DH's coat zipped up around us both. That works for me, but the weather cover might be something you really want. If you think you would get a lot of good use out of it, go for it!
    imageimage
  • Options

Baby is due the end of August. It might be good for me to just wait and see if I want it later. Plus, I do own an oversized Columbia coat that would probably work the way you use your DH's coat- that's a good idea!

I thnk I'm just getting ants in my pants since I'm not really able to set up our house for the baby (we will be moving right away). Thanks for putting up wiith my scatter brain! 

• Options
    cpmichcpmich member
    Definitely keep the card. You will have lots of things for the newborn stage but not so much for the later stages. You will likely be shopping a fair amount in the first 6 months...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"