Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Lavender spray

Anyone use this to help toddlers sleep?  Mine is an early bird at 5am.  He is normally very  happy so I don't think he is still tired but would love for me to get some extra zzzs!  If you do use it what brand?

Thanks.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Lavender spray

• Options

I don't use lavender spray, but I do use the Johnson and Johnson bedtime lotion, which is supposed to help babies sleep better (not sure about longer though).

When do you put your LO down for the night? Would you consider moving bedtime back? that might help, even just 30 minutes could help. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    He normally goes down a 7pm.  I am a working mom so I can't do earlier than that (according to Weissbluth he should be going to bed earlier!).  I am trying to do a little later and the plan tonight is 7:15. :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options

DS goes down around 8:15 and until recently slept until about 8-8:30. He has been getting up a little early, but I think it is due to the disruption in his schedule (babysitter is on vacation last week and this week) as well as teething!

The thing that has helped us most with DS is getting a blackout screen for his window (best $40 ever).

It has really helped him sleep in later. Could be worth a try if moving bedtime back doesn't work. 

• Options
    imageNSYoder26:
    DS goes down around 8:15 and until recently slept until about 88:30. He has been getting up a little early, but I think it is due to the disruption in his schedule babysitter is on vacation last week and this week as well as teething!The thing that has helped us most with DS is getting a blackout screen for his window best 40 ever.It has really helped him sleep in later. Could be worth a try if moving bedtime back doesn't work.nbsp;

Where did you get the blackout screen for the window?
  • Options

This is where I got it from.

Pretty in expensive, and pretty easy to install and use too.

https://www.blackoutez.com/ 

• Options
    i put a few drops of lavender oil on their sheets at night.  i use do terra brand.  i sometimes put a few drops in their lotion after bath and rub them down, specifically their feet.  i think it helps!
  • Options
    I don't use lavender, but I might start!  DD goes to bed at 8 and sleeps normally until about 5:30.  I tried adding some hot cereal to her dinner (mix it with applesauce for dessert) and since then she's been sleeping until 6 or 6:30.  I think she just needed a little more substance at dinner time.  Maybe try a snack before bed or dinner closer to bedtime? 

Married DH 7/30/11

CSC arrived 5/7/12 

CHC arrived 6/2/14

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"