Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Started solids and she's just not that into it...

Started feeding my daughter solids around 5 months of age due to her acting interested in eating.  She would watch us as we ate and would try to put things in her mouth to kind of mimic us.  I am thinking she isn't as ready as she seemed a few weeks ago and maybe I just need to take a break and start again in a week or so.  What she does at meal time is she will clamp her mouth shut and wont open when I try to feed her with the spoon.  However she eats at daycare just fine from what I've been told, so not sure what I should do differently.  Any suggestions??

Re: Started solids and she's just not that into it...

• Options
    My son did that at first as well. we started him on solids at 4 months (he's 7 months now). What we ended up doing was when we ate, we'd put his highchair at the table with us, and give him a bowl and spoon of his to play with while we ate, so he felt in the loop and doing what we were doing. Sometimes also, we've tried feeding him while we eat, which is kinda hit or miss. But as long as he has a spoon and bowl and sippy cup he's happy at dinner time:)
  • Options
    image2013mommy:
    We started solids at about 5.5 months. Some days DS is really into it and will eat his food like he's never eaten in his life and some days he doesn't even take a bite and just wants to play with his spoon. I'm just going with the flow at this point. If he doesn't want solids every single day I don't push it. He eats 2632oz of formula a day so I know he's getting everything he needs and solids are just for fun/experimenting at this point.nbsp;

This. We do BLW. There are some days he just plays with it and never gets any food to his mouth.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD did this as well.  We backed off and tried again a week or 2 later and she did great.  
  • Options
    eb1113eb1113 member
    I'm starting to deal with this problem too. Yesterday she inhaled her veggies, today she was given the same veggie and refused it. She loves to low raspberries to tell me she doesn't want it.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"