Adoption

Visit!

So excited to go visit with my daughter that I placed for adoption almost 3 years ago! It's been a long time since I have seen her and I am pregnanton purpose, so I am nervous to see how her family reacts. Her mother made it clear that she didn't agree with my pregnancy, but I don't think that my life other than what I have with karly should be any of her concern. Any suggestions on how to handle this? I am engaged and am so blessed to have the family I have now. I am lucky enough to be a sahm and I am almost done with school...is there really something wrong with me having another baby?!

Re: Visit!

• Your pregnancy is your business.  Good luck -- I hope you have a great visit!
    My feet and Miss Heidi the rescue mutt!

15 treatment cycles: four early m/c
    Moving forward with domestic infant adoption!

Home study approved 5/13, now just waiting...

• I can imagine it hurts having her judge you and your life choices, especially considering the nature of your relationship, but please don't let her make you feel bad about a decision you made and are otherwise excited about.  I don't know what her reasons are for feeling the way she does (although I can guess at a few), but I'm betting you know your situation far better than she does, have considered the decision thoroughly, and made the best decision for you and your family.  In the end, that's all that matters.
  • Loading the player...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"