New Hampshire Babies

Is AC a must for a new baby in NH?

We live in central NH and for most of the summer the temps are great.  Now and then we get a few hot days where the upstairs gets into the hi 70s. I want my baby to be safe especially sleeping, but am wondering if an AC unit is necessary?

This is our first baby and we have only lived in NH for a few years so I'm unsure.

Re: Is AC a must for a new baby in NH?

• That's a good question!  I know in our ranch-style house the rooms got up above 85 degrees these past few weeks, but like you said, it's not frequent...  This is my first also, so I'm afraid I don't have any experience to speak from!
    formerly skoczera
    ~s.h.
    38 y.o. w/PCOS

F14 October Siggy Challenge - Animals in Costume
    ...image...

August Siggy Challenge-Rainbows & Unicorns

March 10, 2014 - G was born

Lilypie First Birthday tickers    Anniversary       
  • We have AC in our son's room...I believe they tell you to keep the babies room below 70...you'd have to double check that, it's been a while since I took the newborn class at the Elliot.
  • Loading the player...
  • They might be good for your own comfort. My daughter was born last summer and I ended up having some pretty crazy hot flashes postpartum. My house is usually around 75 but we have 2 window units that will keep the whole house cool. 

• AnjaOAnjaO member
    It really depends on your house.  Even with these 95 degree days, DS's room hasn't gotten over 75 at night. It probably would be even cooler in there if I could put a fan in, but I'm paranoid he'd hurt himself with it.  I would be fine with a newborn in that temperature with a fan running, especially if you're in the same room.

BFP #1 8/14/10, DS born 4/30/11 
    BFP #2 9/30/12, M/C 10/23/12 
    BFP #3 12/16/12, CP 12/20/12 
    BFP #4 1/20/13, DD born 10/9/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks everybody!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"