1st Trimester

tiramisu?

A co-worker brought in Tiramisu today, can I eat it?  It is not home made, it is from a bakery in a grocery store.  I called said store and they said they do not make it, it is packaged and shipped to them and they do not know if it contains raw eggs or not.  What do you think?

Re: tiramisu?

• It's fine. Enjoy!
    Bubba, born Jan. 2007 * Sissy, born Apr. 2009 * Baby Sister, born Feb. 2014
  • I'm sure it's fine for you to eat, but I've been instructed to cut out caffeine and soft cheeses so I would have to pass! Tiramisu and red velvet cake are my favorite desserts....mmmmm

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imageAFwifelife:
    I would eat it.  I'm pretty relaxed though about the "rules".

This. I've had plenty of tiramisu during my pregnancies, and never thought twice about it. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I was under the impression that it contained raw eggs, uncooked alcohol, espresso, and mascarpone cheese which I am not sure is on the 'okay' list. I would avoid it.
  • Eh, don't go overboard, but have a few bites. All in moderation.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I eat some almost every day. if it is from a package I am sure it is fine. but I also ate cookie dough and brownie batter this weekend. Ultrasound today said my baby is still kicking. I have never got sick from tiramisu before so I doubt i will now

Married 11/27/09 and TTC right away
    Dx: Complete septate uterus with cervical duplication, endometrial polyps, PCOS, endometriosis, hypo thyroid, luteal phase defect
    4 uterus surgeries to correct my complete septum and to remove polyps and 2 years of seeing the RE, medicated cycles and IUIs
    Baby 1 and 2: BFP 3/3/11 with 2 babies EDD 11/1/11, M/C 4/6/11
    Baby #3: 8/11 pregnant EDD 4/27/11 and m/c:(
    Baby #4: 10/12/11 BFP! EDD 6/16/12m/c 10/26/11
    Baby #5: 3/13/12 BFP! EDD 11/25/12 ANOTHER m/c :(

Baby #6: 2/14/13- BFP! EDD 10/24/13, CP 2/19/13
    Baby #7: 3/15/13- BFP! EDD 11/27/13, another CP
    Baby #8.  BFP 5/19/13 EDD 1/22/14. 8 was not our lucky number

4th septum resection on 5/31/13.
    Baby #9: 6/29/13 BFP. C section scheduled for March 5th!

My miracle baby was born March 5 at 9:33am. He was 8 lbs 12.5 oz and 21.25 inches long!

image"">

• I passed.  It's fine, I was too full from lunch anyways! :)  Thanks for the input!
  • A store bought tiramisu isn't going to have alcohol, raw egg, or real mascarpone cheese.  I would be worried if it were from a gourmet bakery but not a store bought. You are fine to eat it.
  • If it worries you don't eat it.  But if you really want it, eat it.  One time is not going to bother you.  Or you can buy a Tiramisu and put it in the freezer for after baby arrives. 

Don't sweat the small stuff!!

• eh, I'd eat it. As long as its been refrigerated you should be fine. Then again I'm not all spastic about food issues while pregnant. I say eat your food and enjoy it. 

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"