Pregnant after 35

High Blood Pressure and Dry Mouth

Hello!  I'm 42 and due in December.  At my first appointment (at 8 weeks) my blood pressure was fine.  114/74.  But within 2 weeks I was in the ER with 191/118.  They have me on a mountain of medication for it now and it seems to be in control.  But now I have horrible dry mouth because of my medication.  It is terrible, because if I crave something it never tastes right when I finally eat it!  Anyone else dealing with HBP and dry mouth?  I just want my mouth to feel normal again.
42 years old and pregnant for the second time after 19 years. Pregnancy Ticker

Re: High Blood Pressure and Dry Mouth

• Some HBP meds do cause dry mouth. What kind are you on? I'm on Procardia and haven't had that problem but I did with others when I wasn't pregnant.

imageMuppetOnBoard:
    Hello!nbsp; I'm 42 and due in December.nbsp; At my first appointment at 8 weeks my blood pressure was fine.nbsp; 114/74.nbsp; But within 2 weeks I was in the ER with 191/118.nbsp; They have me on a mountain of medication for it now and it seems to be in control.nbsp; But now I have horrible dry mouth because of my medication.nbsp; It is terrible, because if I crave something it never tastes right when I finally eat it!nbsp; Anyone else dealing with HBP and dry mouth?nbsp; I just want my mouth to feel normal again.
  • Some HBP meds do cause dry mouth. What kind are you on? I'm on Procardia and haven't had that problem but I did with others when I wasn't pregnant.

imageMuppetOnBoard:
    Hello!nbsp; I'm 42 and due in December.nbsp; At my first appointment at 8 weeks my blood pressure was fine.nbsp; 114/74.nbsp; But within 2 weeks I was in the ER with 191/118.nbsp; They have me on a mountain of medication for it now and it seems to be in control.nbsp; But now I have horrible dry mouth because of my medication.nbsp; It is terrible, because if I crave something it never tastes right when I finally eat it!nbsp; Anyone else dealing with HBP and dry mouth?nbsp; I just want my mouth to feel normal again.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"