Preemies
Options

WWYD- Trying for #2

My husband originally said no more kids after we had our 31 weeker.  today I have my yearly appt and DH misunderstood and thought I was getting my Mirena out.  He was super excited that we would be trying for number 2 already.  I planned on getting it out next summer around DS's 2nd birthday. I want another child, certainly, and I don't want them too far apart but I don't think I'm ready yet because there could be complications this time.  

My question is... did this happen to anyone else and how did you talk DH down? I don't want to hurt his feelings or make him feel like he doesn't have a say but I planned on trying in the summer so we could have a spring/summer baby and avoid the scary cold season if we had another preemie.

thoughts??  

imageimage

Our little hippo was as impatient as mom!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Hoping for a full 40 weeks!! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: WWYD- Trying for #2

• Options

Would you have complications now that you wouldn't have next summer? I think it is very important that you and DH are on the same page about when to have baby #2. I would definitely talk to him about your feelings-communication is the key to this one. Maybe there are some things he isn't aware of that you are concerned about and that might change his mind?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagepunky917:

Would you have complications now that you wouldn't have next summer? I think it is very important that you and DH are on the same page about when to have baby #2. I would definitely talk to him about your feelings-communication is the key to this one. Maybe there are some things he isn't aware of that you are concerned about and that might change his mind?

no complications... it's more of a due date thing and a not wanting 2 under 2 thing.  I worry that if I have to go on bed rest or have more restrictions I could not care for our son well and that it would upset him.  I feel like when he is a bit older he will understand more that mommy cannot lift him up or needs to stay in bed. He won't get that now.  

We will not try until we are both 100% on the same page. I think we can come up with some kind of compromise and maybe start trying a few months before we were originally planning.  but  I'm not sure how to discuss it without him being hurt. I had no idea he had thought this appointment was for that reason and I don't want to hurt his feelings! 

imageimage

Our little hippo was as impatient as mom!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Hoping for a full 40 weeks!! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"