Nurseries and Baby Gear

Tommee Tippee vs. Playtex Drop Ins.

I am a STM. With my (now 3 year old) DD I had trouble breastfeeding due to medical issues she had as an infant. I breastfed, pumped, and had to supplement with formula. At 6 months she was switched entirely to formula because of supply issues. At that point we decided to stick entirely with the Playtex Drop-Ins system, which I loved because it was pretty simple to use.

This time I am anticipating the potential for the same problem, though hopefully we don't go through that again. I know Playtex has adapters that allow you to pump directly into the liners, but I worry about nipple confusion with those. I wanted to try the Tommee Tippee bottles last time but couldn't afford them at that point (they were just being released in North America and were very expensive). Those seem less likely to cause issues going between breast and bottle, but can you pump into them with a hospital grade pump (we rented an Ameda last time)?

Has anyone had any experience with either of these while pumping? I really want to be able to continue with breastmilk until a year for this baby and not go through supply problems.
Isabelle born via emergency c-section after her heart stopped 04.29.10
asthma, astigmatism, amblyopia, allergies, tongue and maxillary ties

Noah born via RCS 12.09.13
14q11.2 duplication, receptive language and adaptive behavior delays
multiple health concerns under evaluation
follow him here: www.facebook.com/lovefornoah

Re: Tommee Tippee vs. Playtex Drop Ins.

• I used TT bottles for daycare. I pumped directly into the medela bottles and later transferred to lanoish bags and froze. I would take out of the freezer for day care and she used the TT there. I loved my medela pump and I love the TT bottles. They are so easy to clean and they really do look like a breast.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • I have the tt bottles and you can't pump into them with an ameda pump. With the wide mouth I'm sure they wouldn't work with any pump. While I was pumping I just used the medela and ameda bottles. Now we ff and I use the tt bottles.
    TTC since Dec. 2010. Me: 37, DH: 38...unexplained RPL
    BFP #1 - missed m/c 4.18.11 found @8w3d, d&c @13w 
    BFP #2 blighted ovum found 8.2011 @8w, misoprostol
    BFP#3 - missed m/c 6.11.12 @ 9w3d, d&c revealed extra chromosome 15
    BFP#4 8.10.12, DD born 4/26/13
  • Loading the player...
  • My bf baby would not take any bottle except the playtex drop ins, and at ten months she is still bfing. I do know that there is an adapter to pump into the Tommie Tippee bottles.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've used both. I used drop ins for DS1 and Tommee Tippee for this LO.

I have the adaptor for the Tommee Tippee and I can pump directly in the bottles when I want to. I generally use the bags that PP mentioned for storage though. I got the storage pots but they hold very little and are a PITA, as you need to use the larger bottle to use them.

This LO would not take the drop ins. When I tried the bottles he refused them. I miss the fact that you could pump directly into the liners and store the milk there. It makes life so much easier.

The Tommee Tippee slow flow is faster than the Playtex Drop Ins so I have to be careful when feeding DS. This DS is EBF and my older was fed both so I'm not sure if that contributed to the bottle preference or not since this LO didn't take a bottle until 5 weeks.

I'd get both and see what LO likes, as some babies are picky.
    TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"