Preemies
Options

Intro...and some exciting news!

Well I had low fluid for the end of my pregnancy so I had my baby girl via c-section at 35 weeks and 5 days. She spent 6 hours at the birthing hospital then got transferred to a children's hospital in the city because her lungs weren't fully developed, even after I had gotten 2 steroid shots! She had to have 2 doses of surfactant while in the NICU and was on a CPAP and then later the hi-flow. She had a nasal cannula for a couple of weeks and today the had her on room air! Finally, tomorrow, after 4 weeks and 4 days she gets to come home! She is 39 weeks and and 3 days adjusted age now, and a month and 1 day regular.  I am a little nervous about her coming home, I just want to make sure I do everything right. I'm also hoping she picks up more on the BF, as I want to exclusively do that when she finally gets the hang of it. Thanks for taking the time to read all! Big Smile
Lilypie - (4VBD)
Kira Otter

Re: Intro...and some exciting news!

• Options
    Congratulations on the birth of your baby girl! It's exciting that she's coming home. It's totally normal to be nervous about her coming home. Ask the NICU nurses all your questions before you leave. You'll love having her home! GL!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Congratulations on your baby girl. Sounds like she's doing great and hopefully that means she's home with you soon. Keep offering the breast at every feeding in the NICU. Definitely reach out to a LC if your having any trouble. Please keep us updated.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Pips09Pips09 member
    Congrats on your baby!
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"