Single Parents
Options

Unexpected Gift

This past week I found out I was pregnant.  I am 29 years old and just completed my Masters in Education.  I have only been dating the guy for a month and everything is extremely daunting right now.  He wants me to have an abortion, but I have discussed everything with my family and they see the baby as a gift.  I am very lucky to have a support system, but this is the most difficult decision I have ever made.  Everyone keeps telling me it is my choice, my life, me, me, me.  It's going to be a tough road ahead but I have decided to keep the baby, because it is all about life... not me.

I am sure I will need all of your support in the near future, so I want to thank you all in advance. 

Re: Unexpected Gift

• Options
    eg214eg214 member
    Congratulations! In time, you will be able to fully rejoice in what's happening. It still hasn't totally sunk in for me yet and I've been too depressed to really be joyful. I'm hoping that's coming soon. Rejoice in the fact you have supportive friends and family. You'd rather no dad around than one who isn't supportive and brings you down. Hugs!

PCOS // Loss 3/2010 // Single Mom // Natural Birth // DC Metro // Baby Girl Born 2/2/2014
  • Options

Congratulations! It sounds like your mind still isn't made up yet and that's ok. Just make sure when making this decision that you're not going to do something for this guy who practically is still a stranger to you. You don't want to regret this decision. It will be ok! 

If you ever need to talk I'm here, just PM me, I'm 3 days away from EDD and have been in your exact same shoes!

Good Luck! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats on your decision. I am in a very similar situation and although I'm alone in this, so much support has come out of the people I never expected it from. I don't regret my decision at all, even though the father is going to be a complete deadbeat. I know it will be hard but I think it will be so worth it and as you said, an unexpected gift.
  • Options
    I hate seeing men who cannot handle the consequences of their actions and right away suggest an abortion .. !? there are soOo many people out that can only dream of having their own children .. but aren't so lucky .. I hope you keep your child .. especially since you've got what sounds like a very supportive family .. =D
    image Visit The Nest!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimage
  • Options
    congratulations on your pregnancy! It won't be easy, and I was in your same shoes: been dating the guy a little over a month and he wanted me to get an abortion too, and I said no. I think it's great that you have your family and good friends to help support and be there for you. You will need them. :) and you always have the board too, this specific board is for support I think. use it as you need it! lol
    Liliana Seraphina born 9/5/2103

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"