Nurseries and Baby Gear

Baby Bjorn Question

I have the Baby Bjorn original and the specifications say that the minimum weight is 8lbs and height 21 inches.  DS was small at birth and on Friday was 6lbs 1oz and 19.5 inches.  I really want to start using the carrier, but I'm concerned since he doesn't meet the minimums yet.  How much should I worry about that? 

Re: Baby Bjorn Question

• CLLDLLCLLDLL member

imageRedheadBaker:
    I'd be more concerned about the effects that carrier will have on baby's hips and your back, and look at carriers like the Moby, K'tan, Ergo, Beco, or Boba instead.

I agree with all of this.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image imageimageimage

• imageCLLDLL:

imageRedheadBaker:
    I'd be more concerned about the effects that carrier will have on baby's hips and your back, and look at carriers like the Moby, K'tan, Ergo, Beco, or Boba instead.

I agree with all of this.

This doesn't answer my question, but thanks for your opinions.

• Loading the player...
  • The specifications and requirements are there for a reason. I wouldn't use it until your baby meets those requirements. If you really to carry your baby you should use a sling or another carrier for the mean time.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I don't think anything disastrous would happen if you tried the carrier now, but in my experience, my babies weren't comfy in the carrier until they were a little bigger and less floppy. Also, FWIW, I did love the Bjorn for both of my chidren until they got too heavy for my shoulders. And all of their hips are fine ;)
  • anakahanakah member

imageRedheadBaker:

We asked a pediatric orthopedic surgeon specializing in hip injuries about the bjorn and he said as long as the baby isn't in it 24/7 there's no issues with using it.  He used it for all 3 of his children and loved it.

• My kids were both small and we waited until they were 8 lbs. before we put them in the Bjorn. My DD was 2 months old before we could use it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"