Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Breathable Bumpers

I know traditional bumpers are not sleep safe, but has anyone tried the breathable bumpers on their cribs? My DD is getting her leg stuck every once and awhile during naps/sleep at night. Not sure what to do. I don't know if these are even safe to put on her crib because they don't go under the mattress. Anyone know if they have been safety tested? Any thoughts would be great. Thanks!

Re: Breathable Bumpers

• Options
    We have one and have no complaints. It's long enough that it tucks way down on the sides of the mattress and ties onto the slats to keep it from rising up. My son is super squirmy in his sleep and is constantly kicking and pulling it and it has yet to be a problem.
  • Options
    Many resources only recommend breathable baby bumper. I just bought one off of Amazon yesterday.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We've had the breathable bumpers since he was a few weeks old. It works great. He no longer gets his leg between the bumper or wakes up screaming when his face is against the railing. Such a smart purchase. 
  • Options
    we've had them from day one and they are awesome. when she was swaddled she ended up rolling with her face right in them and there was never a problem- she even whacked her face against it once and didn't wake up
    BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • Options

I just bought one of these a few weeks ago since Thomas likes to prop his feet up, he would manage to get his entire leg (up to his thigh) stuck and then squirm enough so he was trapped and I struggled to get him out... This was a must have item. Also- I spent the extra $10 to get the one with a design on it so it didn't look plain on the outside, and then realized that the design is only on the inside so I wish I would have saved the money and bought a solid color but oh well. 

I bought mine at Target and the normal one was $23 and the designed one was $33.

A lot of things I read say that you don't even need the mesh one and that LO will either get unstuck or cry loud enough to get your attention... Call me crazy but if he is crying that loud (and in my case wiggling enough to get stuck enough where I struggle to get him out) it's time to prevent the issue.

Good Luck!! 

Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"