Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Now crying at Bedtime

LO has been a pretty good sleeper but in the last week or so he wont go to sleep with crying. It is pretty upsetting. I usually wait 3 min then go in and give him his pacifier and little blanket and rub his back/hair and tell him its ok and he falls asleep, even if this takes a few attemps. However, last couple nights he cries for 30-45 min no matter what I do. I know he's going through a wonder week right now but this is new. I finally went in tonight and picked him up and the poor guy fell asleep but was still breathing heavy from the crying. 

Any suggestions?  

Re: Now crying at Bedtime

• Options
    No advice but just wanted to let you know my DS started this at 8 months and is still doing it. At night when he wakes up he cries and screams until we actually pick him up and rock him. Rubbing his back and giving the paci don't work anymore. Sleep training research will begin this week for out family.

Good luck! I hope this is just a phase.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I think it's just a phase. My LO's going through the same thing and as soon as I go in and pick her up and hold her for a minute she starts to fall asleep on my chest. Then when I put her back down she still cries for a few minutes, but falls asleep pretty easily. Hopefully it's a quick phase for you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies. I'm hoping so too :/
  • Options
    We're in the midst of the same thing here. DS has been a rock star sleeper thus far, but all of the sudden the last week has been full of either bedtime crying battles or a shiitton of night time wakings.

My guess is either teething or growth spurt/developmental leap. Hoping this phase passes soon for all of us!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"