March 2013 Moms

Regressing, ugh!

So LO has pretty much always hated riding in the car, it's very hit and miss if he'll fall asleep and when he doesn't he starts screaming!! Not fussing but SCREAMING until I get him out and calm him down. That being said I generally ran whatever errands I could that were in walking distance by walking. It got me out of the house, got LO out of the house and usually he's end up napping a bit on our walks. Well, now he's started screaming on our walks. I can see him I know he's fine, I'll have just fed him before we left, so I know nothing is actually wrong with him, but now I feel like I can't go out at all!! He screams, turns beat red, and has tears steaming down his face!! I feel terrible when this happens, but seriously?!?! I literally feel trapped at home now, especially since DH can't keep LO calm, I can't leave them alone for long because again, screaming, beet red tears. I'm at the end of my rope, I'm going stir crazy and resenting DH!! Even as I'm typing this LO is on me and DH is napping from our rather stressful walk.

Re: Regressing, ugh!

• imagePinkie78:
    Our son would scream in the car until about a week ago. nbsp;My friends daughter did this and said one day it just stopped.I know it's painful but I'd just keep driving him places. nbsp;I hung 3 fun toys from the handle and he plays with them now.good lucknbsp;

We have the dangly toys too, they had some novelty for a bit, I think now he's use to them.
  • imageMrs.Castaldi:
    So LO has pretty much always hated riding in the car, it's very hit and miss if he'll fall asleep and when he doesn't he starts screaming!! Not fussing but SCREAMING until I get him out and calm him down. That being said I generally ran whatever errands I could that were in walking distance by walking. It got me out of the house, got LO out of the house and usually he's end up napping a bit on our walks. Well, now he's started screaming on our walks. I can see him I know he's fine, I'll have just fed him before we left, so I know nothing is actually wrong with him, but now I feel like I can't go out at all!! He screams, turns beat red, and has tears steaming down his face!! I feel terrible when this happens, but seriously?!?! I literally feel trapped at home now, especially since DH can't keep LO calm, I can't leave them alone for long because again, screaming, beet red tears. I'm at the end of my rope, I'm going stir crazy and resenting DH!! Even as I'm typing this LO is on me and DH is napping from our rather stressful walk.

Are you using the carseat for walks too? It could be that maybe he is super hot the in the car seat or that the hard plastic is just not comfortable. You could try just placing him in the regular stroller if you aren't already. That would give you the option to try a few different recline positions and he would not be so hot. Otherwise maybe get a sling or carrier for walking. It would help save your sanity, you need to get out sometimes!
  • Loading the player...
  • imageBlondie1212:
    imageMrs.Castaldi:

Are you using the carseat for walks too? It could be that maybe he is super hot the in the car seat or that the hard plastic is just not comfortable. You could try just placing him in the regular stroller if you aren't already. That would give you the option to try a few different recline positions and he would not be so hot. Otherwise maybe get a sling or carrier for walking. It would help save your sanity, you need to get out sometimes!

It is the same carrier for the carseat and stroller, for walks we try putting an a and a blanket under him, so that he wasn't on the fairly hard plastic, and we don't take him out when it's really sunny or warm out cause it doesn't seem to be the best ventilation in there, but to suddenly hate walks with such a firy passion is frustrating cause we haven't done anything different from how we've always taken him out. All we can think is maybe he's teething already so just doesn't like that we aren't holding him? But then wouldn't he hate everything, carrier, swing, playmat, etc?
  • I would have to put in a vote for lo getting overheated in the carseat. My ds usually loves his carseat and often naps in it while Iam out and about but lately he has been fussing more and when I take him out on the times he has been fussier his back is soaked but not from diaper.

Try going out during the cooler times of the day.

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
  • I would definitely try a wrap or carrier.  If it is that he just wants to be held that's a great way for you still to get a walk in and have your hands free.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker         
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"