Baby Showers

book instead of card how to note in invite?

i love this idea of using books instead of a card but how would you let people know about that in the invite?

Re: book instead of card how to note in invite?

• My sister did this for my shower and it was really cute. She printed an additional little card that was written in the form of being from the baby. Something along the lines of asking for a book in place of a card so my mommy/daddy can read to me as I grow up. Please write your message on the inside cover somy mommy/daddy knows who to thank. Just make sure you have lots of options on your registery. We still got some duplicates of books because people went to book stores instead of Target or BRU to purchase the books. Luckily, not everyone followed the directions though so I was able to return some of the books. But, I do have to say we do have quite the arrangment of books now for the baby.
  • We looked up poems online and did that for my cousins' shower. She got a TON of great books! I plan to do the same.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • What a great idea, I wish I would have known about this. We did the diaper poem and I have only had to buy a box of diapers in the 9 mo that we have had our son.

• Best. Idea. Ever.  I will do this from now on for every shower I host.
  • I love this idea too! I've hinted to my mom! =)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My gf did this for her sister.......on the invite, she did a little poem.

"instead of a card to be tossed away, please bring a book that we'll read every day" or something along those lines.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My MIL turned it into a shower game. Everyone got a poem clue in their inviatation and if they brought the book than they got a door prize (candy bar or something like that) We got an array of Dr. Suess and Golden Books! : )
  • I just got one of these today!

It said:

Although cards are nice
    they're read once or
    maybe twice

A book is a treasure
    forever and forever

So instead of a card
    to be put aside,
    please give the little one
    a baby book with
    your name inside.

It will be read to the baby
    before bed each night
    and (Mom's name) and "(Dad's name)
    will thank you
    as they turn off the light.

• what a great idea! and Luna, what a beautiful poem!! It made me wanna cry!!!! Smile
  • My friend did this - (or it was done for her) and they asked for new or used books.  It was neat to see our friends bring in their fav books from when they were younger or ones they had used.  Pretty sweet memories can be shared that way.
  • There is no good way to word that.  I understand the sentiment but it is basically demanding an extra gift from people AND dictating what they buy.  It is tacky and people (esp those that aren't family and those without kids) will be offended.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"