Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

2 Infant Carseats Needed?

DH and I decided on the Chicco Keyfit 30 and were lucky enough that a co-worker offered us 2 extra bases because she had the same seat and her baby has moved on to a convertible.

My cousin gave us a bunch of baby stuff a few weeks ago including a Safety First infant seat.

Does anyone see a need for 2 infant seats?  Baby will be going to a sitter once I go back to work, but only for a few hours/day.  I'm sure my mom/MIL will also watch baby from time to time.

My thought is that baby won't really be "dropped off" anywhere without the seat and we'll have an extra base for the Chicco for caregivers.

If there is no reason to keep the SF seat, what do I do with it?  When BRU has their "trade-in" event, can I trade that in towards a convertible or other item or are there restrictions?

I'm just trying not to "hoard" baby stuff because I know it can really take over!

***NOTE: All 2nd hand items have not been in an accident, nor come from strangers and are all within their expiration.***

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: 2 Infant Carseats Needed?

• Options
    If you have extra bases you don't need more than one seat. I would trade it in for a convertible for yourself or a caregiver.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Unless LO gets walked to day care, the seat stays with the baby.

Also, can the infant seat be used without the base? If so, even less reason. But would test and make sure you are comfortable with the release latch and buckles and grip when carrying the seat before making your decision.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Keep the KeyFit and ditch the Safety First.  You only need one infant seat.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Options
    you can leave the cae seat at daycar 
    imageimagephoto proudEPer2.gif
          BFP #1: 7/18/12, M/C 8/6/12 @6weeks  Missing our April Angel
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                                           Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Two infant seats, not necessary, especially since the Keyfit can be used baseless. Keep the SF seat for the trade n save in spring , not the fall one (since buying a convertible now, unless you're using it, shortens the life). Also to note if the second hand seat has ever been checked on a plane (doesn't matter if gate or with luggage, it all gets handled the same). or if the straps have ever been submersed in water or put in the washing machine.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"