September 2012 Moms
Options

Fluoride and Steaming Veggies.

So earlier today I got the following text from a friend of mine. I LOL'd because I think it's ridiculous and I told her that. I would still like to know, S12 what are your thoughts?

Ok, question....on one of my mom Facebook pages a crunchy mom posted about how you shouldn't steam baby's food with tap water because of fluoride in it condenses and baby shouldn't have any fluoride effects brain development so use distilled water. Thoughts? This is a mass text to my close momma friends

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Fluoride and Steaming Veggies.

• Options

imageameyer8009:
    My pedi. said to give ds tap water because there is fluoride in it. 

Yep, this is what the NICU nurses told us too.  

Double the love
    photo Eastercollage_zps0735f04a.jpg
    7/30/12 - B/G twins born at 33w4d due to PPROM
  • Options
    imageLegallyBlonde217:

imageameyer8009:
    My pedi. said to give ds tap water because there is fluoride in it. 

Yep, this is what the NICU nurses told us too.  

Yep, mine too. She said if our water does not have fluoride we should buy water with fluoride in it or give her drops.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'll be the hippie.

The flouride added to water is a man made chemical. Most of the research showing that flouride has no harmful effects is on naturally occurring flouride. There is research that shows two don't affect the body the same way, even if they are both beneficial to teeth. I don't think it's ridiculous to question things like this. I never used to, but have begun more and more since LO came. Honestly haven't made any decisions about this one because I've just read a handful of articles, mostly very one sides. Just thought I'd offer an opinion from the other side of the spectrum.
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"