March 2012 Moms

At the dr with a rash

We're traveling in VA to visit my mom and DD is covered in spots! She has horrible eczema which has gotten worse in the heat but this is something different. Little spots all over but worse on her diaper area, legs and arms. It looks like chicken pox but she's been vaccinated. It's too bad because we are in my home town and hoping to visit with all of my friends and family with small kids. I assume its a virus like hand, foot and mouth but want to find out our contagious window to know when we can be social again.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: At the dr with a rash

• oh no!  Hopefully you get it taken care of quickly.  I gave dd pizza for the first time last week and she woke up with a rash all over her.  Luckily it was just an allergic reaction to something in the pizza and it went away by afternoon. 
    image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
    BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Scarletina which google tells me is scarlet fever. I had no idea she had a sore throat! Poor kid but amoxicillin will clear it up. Now to contact all the moms with kids we've hung out with this week....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagekmhunt11:
    Scarletina which google tells me is scarlet fever. I had no idea she had a sore throat! Poor kid but amoxicillin will clear it up. Now to contact all the moms with kids we've hung out with this week....

Oh no! I didn't even know scarlet fever was still around... glad it's an easy treatment though! 

• imagerocknrollfriend:

imagekmhunt11:
    Scarletina which google tells me is scarlet fever. I had no idea she had a sore throat! Poor kid but amoxicillin will clear it up. Now to contact all the moms with kids we've hung out with this week....

Oh no! I didn't even know scarlet fever was still around... glad it's an easy treatment though! 

Me either!! I'm glad you can clear it up relatively easy.
    image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
    BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• My DS has had rashes all over his body too! Twice now. They go away after a day. We've seen the doctor - been tested for allergies. Even happened when I was at the dermatologist getting something else checked. They said it was nothing and didn't seem worried at all.
    I have no idea what it is - but I do think it has something to do with getting sick and getting over it - like the final release of whatever. The 2nd one happened 2 days after a fever of 102 broke.
    I washed everything he touched, from sheets to blankets to clothes. Even some toys. I don't think it was the case, but if yours is a reaction, thats an easy one to do to rule reaction out.
    Best of luck. I hope its not too bad and I hope it goes away.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"