October 2011 Moms
Options

I'm in Nemo h3ll...

(Will the Bump let me actually write hell?)  A few weeks ago, DH and I got a new tv for our living room-it's huge.  R was in a fantastic mood that day, so we got it all set up while R played with the box.  Then, of course, DH had to play around with his new tv.  We never really let R watch much tv, so he was pretty fascinated with this giant moving picture in our living room.  We saw that Nemo was available for free On Demand, so we downloaded it and let R watch it with DH while I fixed dinner that night.  R is now addicted to Nemo.  He flips out if he can't watch tv (the only escape from the tantrum is taking him out of that room).  I'm ok with him watching occasionally (especially when I have to cook or something), so whenever the tv is on and R is awake, Nemo is on.  Why always Nemo?  Because that's all he'll let us watch.  He throws a fit if we put anything else on the tv.  Once, we got him to watch Brave instead.  Never again.  I love the movie, but you can only watch it so many times.  I'm fairly certain I could recite every. freakin'. line.  Kill me now.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I'm in Nemo h3ll...

• Options
    Ugh, that's annoying, sorry you're in nemohell. Hopefully it's just a quick phase for you to endure and he'll move in to something else soon.... just keep swimming, just keep swimming... ;]

BFP #1: 3/4/2011 ~ EDD 11/14/2011 ~ DD Born 10/26/2011
    BFP #2: 10/12/2013 ~ EDD 6/23/2014 ~ Natural MC 10/28/2013 @ 6wk
    BFP #3: 6/4/2014 ~ EDD 2/13/2015 ~ b-HCG dropped 6/18/2014, Natural MC 6/20/2014 @ 6wk

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

imagesusienick24:
    Hopefully he'll move in to something else soon.... just keep swimming, just keep swimming... ;]

Ok, this literally made me laugh out loud.  Thanks for that! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I may get flamed for this but we kind of always have the tv on whether we're watching it or not. Emma has always been used to it & rarely actually sits down to watch anything. She generally plays or colors or whatever regardless of what is on tv.

The only time she really actually watches something is when she's sick or tired.

• Options

Oliver was obsessed with Shrek.  It came out when he was about 6 months, so we bought the VHS right after his 1st birthday.  He wore the tape out. 

We also bought another VHS called "Bumpity Boo  The Rad Automobile"  at a  garage sale.  It was a really bad Japanese/English dubbed cartoon.  He was obsessed with it.

Audrey was never really obsessed with anything too much.  V loves everything but especially Martha Speaks and My Little Ponies  

siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894 photo siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894-1_zpscf1469c3.jpg
  • Options
    We were in Nemo H3ll from about 15-18 months. Since about 18 months, we've been in Cars 2 H3ll. Occasionally, he will go on a Curious George kick which is a nice change of pace, but that never lasts long.
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    kagl08kagl08 member

We used to be in Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Road Rally h3ll, then it was Toy Story, now it's Super Why and Jake & the Neverland Pirates. 

I've learned to tune it all out. I do know every line to Mickey Mouse though. And I think we've watched every episode of Super Why on Netflix about 4 times over.  

• Options

If you want something flammable...

We often have the TV on in the background, mostly for ourselves. I've never really been concerned about what was playing because E was so small I figured it didn't matter. Well, its recently come to my attention that she's been more interested in it than I realized. She's become totally obsessed with Bob's Burgers -- not exactly the best kid show. Way to go, supermom!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imagelisajay09:
    We're still watching Mickey's Twice upon a Christmas. Everyday. Grrr.

Mickey is the favorite over here too.

Has anyone seen the trailer for the new Disney movie that is coming out, Planes?? It is supposed to be similar to Cars, only in the air.  My DS is currently obsessed with "airpanes" (as he says).  We took him to the air show this past weekend and I have never seen him so happy. DH and I are debating if he is old enough to sit through this movie in the theaters.  Any thoughts/opinions? Flames? Anything?  

• Options
    imageWoodsie:
    imagetiffbomb:

imagelisajay09:
    We're still watching Mickey's Twice upon a Christmas. Everyday. Grrr.

Mickey is the favorite over here too.

Has anyone seen the trailer for the new Disney movie that is coming out, Planes?? It is supposed to be similar to Cars, only in the air.  My DS is currently obsessed with "airpanes" (as he says).  We took him to the air show this past weekend and I have never seen him so happy. DH and I are debating if he is old enough to sit through this movie in the theaters.  Any thoughts/opinions? Flames? Anything?  

Yes I saw the preview for that airplanes movie and was wondering about it too. We would probably go, but I know T will sit through a whole movie he's done Cars, Cars2, and Toy Story so I think for us, it would work! I would probably try to find a matinee or kid friendly show with lower volume though.

A matinee is a great idea!  

• Options

We were in full Nemo h3ll here for about a month -- tantrums all the time if he couldn't watch it. But it's like he just got over it one day. Although now it's Toy Story. All I hear all day is "Toys? Toys? Toys? TOYS!!!!"

Ugh. 

DS born Oct. '11

TTC #2 with PCOS since Nov. '13

Dx: Low Progesterone (3.3) on 8/12/14

Waiting for RE appointment on 10/28/14

Surprise BFP on cycle 12 -- 10/19/14!

EDD July 1, 2015

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Gator is addicted to Toy Story. Luckily, there are three movies so we can rotate them!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
  • Options

We got a new Roku box and set it up in our bedroom, I was sick a couple weekends ago and we spent most of the day while MH worked lying in bed watching either PBS kids channel or cartoons on netflix.  Layla has since learned to say TV and Melmo (Elmo)  and is obsessed.  Yesterday morning she woke up at 4:45am and refused to go back to sleep so MH brought her to bed with us, immediately she said "Tv Melmo?" Um No. Not at 4:45am. Oh hells to the no.  Luckily she caught the drift that it was still time to go to sleep and stayed in bed with us until 6 am.   Anyway, now the living room tv with PBS on it is not good enough, she must watch in our bed and it must be Elmo, we have to keep our bedroom gated or door closed now to keep her out of there.  I feel for you, truly!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Natalie is obsessed with nemo. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"