Stay at Home Moms
Options

Are honey graham crackers ok for a 10 month old?

DS is actually 11.5 months now but I probably first gave them to him then. I didn't even think about the honey.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Are honey graham crackers ok for a 10 month old?

• Options
    hmdhmd member
    imageCurlingRocks:
    I wouldn't give them until after a year.

Crap.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    2u2wow2u2wow member

the honey in the cracker is cooked isn't it??  - so i'm assuming it's fine.

i can't imagine they'd use raw honey on those crackers - read the ingredients to see if it says pasteurized honey.

but to be safe i'd wait - there are so many other options out there and probably healthier ones too....sorry not judgy - just sayin' 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It should be fine. Just don't do it again.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    hmdhmd member
    Man. I feel like I am so careful. We had bought some for s'mores, And my older two were snacking on them. It totally didn't register that they had honey in them until my mom said something. I think he has had them 2 to 3 times.
  • Options
    2 weeks is not going to make a bit of difference.
  • Options

imagehmd:
    Man. I feel like I am so careful. We had bought some for s'mores, And my older two were snacking on them. It totally didn't register that they had honey in them until my mom said something. I think he has had them 2 to 3 times.

Don't worry about it and Kate is right. I didn't read correctly.

• Options
    hmdhmd member
    Well I might have given them to him the first time when he was 10 months. It has been awhile since he has had any.
  • Options

imagehmd:
    Well I might have given them to him the first time when he was 10 months. It has been awhile since he has had any.

Right. Its fine.

• Options
    Your fine. I'd also suspect that in honey graham crackers the amount of honey is minimal. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blogging about boobs, babies, bed lust & everything in between since 2007.
  • Options
    I would be surprised if there was any honey in those things. I would not think twice about it.
  • Options

imageauroraloo:
    imageAndrewsgal:
    I would be surprised if there was any honey in those things. I would not think twice about it.
    this.

Ditto

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

• Options

I wouldn't worry about it and fed "Honey" Teddy-Grahams to DS when he was able to start crunching crackers..    The honey content is completely and thoroughly cooked through (not that there is much of any actual HONEY in there. 

If you look into why the recommendation is there in the first place, it was a piece of "junk science" from the 1950's Russia (population sample of 4, given raw honey, one died)...  If the fear of botulism happening was so strong, kids would not be allowed carrots, potatoes, onions, or any other root vegetable until the age of 1 either.  The problem with honey for infants is technically when it's unprocessed/comb, not when it's thoroughly cooked and in something however incidentally because the heating process kills the potential for botulism spores... 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"