Really annoyed — The Bump
VBAC

Really annoyed

So..this my 3rd child and my first I had natural at 7lbs 15oz and my 2nd I had an elective csection due to my sons size. 10lbs 14oz at 40.5 weeks with no GD. So the first doctor I scheduled an apt with does do vbacs but has 6 other doctors in the practice who do no not and the likelihood of her being on call to do it is "slim to none." I found another doctor who I THOUGHT did vbacs..his nurse told me he would consider it...so I met with him and he says "well we could attempt it but its probably not gonna work since your 2nd child was so big." Anyways, I was still thinking about trying him out UNTIL the nurses at the hospital told me they have NEVER heard of him doing a vbac EVER and has one of the highest c section rates at their hospital. So bummed out =/ Now closest doctors who do vbacs are all the way in Chicago who will accept my insurance..and its literally an hour and a half drive. I WILL have a vbac one way or another just annoyed that its not going my way I guess.

Sorry...just needed to get that out.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Really annoyed

• I'm sorry hun. I hope everything works out for you! GL
  • Where are you? There are hospitals and midwife groups in the closer suburbs that support VBAC (especially if you've had a previous vaginal birth). Can you try family medicine doctors? Midwives? 

https://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/ICANofChicago/

Join the Yahoo group and see what women recommend - I know there's suburban places people have had VBACs at.  

DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

• Loading the player...
  • Thankyou!! Id really like a midwife but haven't been lucky finding 1 yet. I live in Rockford,IL..about an hour/hour and a half away from Chicago!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMorrisMamaof3:
    Thankyou!! Id really like a midwife but haven't been lucky finding 1 yet. I live in Rockford,IL..about an hour/hour and a half away from Chicago!

I would start looking in the far west suburbs. There are great MW in Oak Park, but that's still really far for you. Home birth would be another option, there are def HB MW who will go out that way. Good luck, and def ask on the yahoo group. Good luck!
    DS1 - Feb 2008

DS2 - Oct 2010 (my VBAC baby!)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards