Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Weaning the Merlin sleep suit

My son is almost 8 months old. He will not sleep unless he is in the Merlin sleep suit. Any tips on how to get baby to sleep without it? Thank you!

Re: Weaning the Merlin sleep suit

• Sorry no tips, but my son is 6months and we are in the same boat! I contacted the company they said to try and double up on sleepers to make it seem like they were wearing it still, that tight/swaddle feel, but didn't work for me!
  • My lo is 6 months old. We just weaned from Merlin. It took 1 hard night but now he is sleeping better.  We had joked right before weaning that Merlin was starting to lose his magic.  Now heis in a sleep sack and much happier sleeping on his side and tummy. 

Best of luck 

Baby Boy born on 1/14/13
  • Loading the player...
  • We went cold turkey and did CIO and sleepsuit weaning all at once.  It took 3 nights but my girls now sleep 11-13 hrs without the suit, without waking overnight and they sleep on their bellies. They were just over 6 mos when we did it.

We welcomed our girls on 11.7.12 @ 40w0d!
    Emerson Lily 6 lbs 13 oz & Ellis Willow 6 lbs 9 oz

• No help here :( We tried breaking DS of the sleep suit a week or so ago. It didn't go over so well and we are currently back in the suit. Problem with him is he gets very frustrated when he rolls onto his tummy so when this happened without the suit he would freak out. I felt like it was ruining the sleep training we started a month ago. We are going to wait until he is a little more mobile so he can get himself into a preferred position before we try again :(
    photo MeandBubs.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks everyone...we just got him to only wake up once a night so I think I'll just wait a bit to try and get rid of the sleep suit:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"