Postpartum Depression
Options

Lexapro and Pregnant with #2

Hi Everyone,

I suffered PPD after having my son last year.  I lost my insurance shortly after he was born so I didn't even see a doctor until he was 9 months old.  By that time, I was feeling so anxious, sad...every symptom in the book but exaggerated.  

My PCP prescribed Lexapro 10mg and I've been taking it for approximately 3 months now.  I can totally feel the difference and it's working! However, I just got a BFP on Friday 7/12 and I don't see my PCP to talk with him about weening me off until 7/29.  I know it's dangerous to just stop so I'm still taking it.  I am also worried that if I stop the anxiety will come back.

Anyone else in a similar situation?

BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Lexapro and Pregnant with #2

• Options

I tried to wean off lexapro while TTC and when I got pregnant I went downhill fast. Major anxiety and depression which lead to me being hospitalized for a week.

I went back on lexapro with the blessing of my psychiatrist and OB. I was taking a pretty low dose (10 mg) until my son was born. My anxiety came back a bit, so they upped it to 20 mg daily. I feel great and I don't regret taking it during pregnancy. My son is healthy and so am I.

I would get a good psychiatrist if you can. You really need someone specialized to manage your meds during pregnancy. 

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"