November 2011 Moms

Sleeping Arrangements

Hello November mommas! I'm a May momma with a question. Our DD will be 20 months when we go on our Disney cruise vacation and I was wondering if I should bring her pack n play for sleeping or if she would be okay with bed side rails? 

We went on the same cruise when she was 8 months and brought her pack n play which she didn't sleep well in at all (up every 2 hours) which didn't make for a nice vacation. I think she may still be too young to sleep with just side rails because of how much she moves in her sleep now but know how much she hates the pack n play.

I thought about maybe her co sleeping with me in the big bed and have a side rail on one side for her. DH would have to sleep on the pull down sofa which he said he doesn't mind. I just worry because I know how hard that floor is and I don't want her to fall that far onto it.

I'm so confused... what would you do? How does your LO sleep? Would you trust a side rail or go with the pack n play? Thanks so much ladies!  

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 

image   image

Re: Sleeping Arrangements

• I would bring the PNP. LO didn't like it when he started getting bigger so I have an extra pad and I make it extra fluffy for him. He now sleeps good in it.
    I just don't think it's safe to sleep on a bed even w rails. The first 2 nights may be hard but maybe he will get use to it.
    Good luck and have fun
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It probably depends on what your normal sleeping arrangements are. We still bedshare so if it were me I would not bring the pnp, but if your LO used to sleeping in a crib I'd bring the pnp.
    Munchkin born 11/22/11
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pipsqueak born 6/9/14
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • DD still likes her PnP.  We even tried to add a mattress for our last vacation (last month) but DD did NOT like the mattress and so we took it out.  *shrug*

I would try the PnP again or maybe a kid's travel cot?  (DD sleeps pretty well in the PnP but I know she's going to out grow it soon and I don't think she's ready for a bed so I've seen this cot that looks like maybe a good alternative...I don't have the info, but if you google or look on ama zon you should be able to find something)

Does your DD bedshare well?  I haven't been able to bedshare with DD since she was about 7 months old.  These days DD thinks bed = play time.  Even when we were on vacation in May and she woke up at 4am, I wanted to just snuggle up with her in our bed but NOPE! 

So....before deciding on the bed option, I would make sure DD will actually sleep in the bed with you.  (Similarly, maybe get a mattress for the PnP and try it out pre vacation.  Or try a travel cot.  Or maybe your DD just won't sleep well on vacation b/c she's not home and that alone disrupts her sleep?)  Does the ship have a crib option?  It might be more comfortable than a PnP...

Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageEczerkies:

Hello November mommas! I'm a May momma with a question. Our DD will be 20 months when we go on our Disney cruise vacation and I was wondering if I should bring her pack n play for sleeping or if she would be okay with bed side rails? 

We went on the same cruise when she was 8 months and brought her pack n play which she didn't sleep well in at all (up every 2 hours) which didn't make for a nice vacation. I think she may still be too young to sleep with just side rails because of how much she moves in her sleep now but know how much she hates the pack n play.

I thought about maybe her co sleeping with me in the big bed and have a side rail on one side for her. DH would have to sleep on the pull down sofa which he said he doesn't mind. I just worry because I know how hard that floor is and I don't want her to fall that far onto it.

I'm so confused... what would you do? How does your LO sleep? Would you trust a side rail or go with the pack n play? Thanks so much ladies!  

I might opt to do this if your LO is good in the bed with you. Does the cruise ship offer a portable crib? There's also the option of buying a small inflatable bed you can put on the floor. Ok, I can't copy and paste the link to the bed search (stupid bump). But searching for "child's inflatable mattress" gives you lots of options. GL!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DD refuses to sleep in the pack n play anymore. When we go away for the weekend or on vacation, the kids sleep in our bed(s). We either prop pillows up or take inflatable bed rail things, so she doesn't roll off. If we have one king bed, then the kids sleep between us, but, if we have 2 full/queen beds, then we either each take a kid or sometimes they like to sleep together and we take the other bed. Just depends on everyone's moods that night. 
    E 03.10
    H 11.11
    C 08.13

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I've never been on a cruise, so I don't know what rooms look like, but when we travel, we usually use the wall as a bed rail for co-sleeping.  Mom on one side, wall on the other.  If I'm out of bed and DD is in bed, we just line up pillows as a bumper

~Working Mom~Breastfeeding Mom~Cloth Diapering Mom~BLW Mom~

Blog - No Longer on the DL ~ The Man Cave
    Shawn and Larissa
    LO #1 - Took 2 years and 2 IVFs ~ DX - severe MFI mild PCOS homozygous MTHFR (a1298c)
    LO #2 - TTC 7 months, surprise spontaneous BFP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"