January 2013 Moms

It's so damn hot

Ok ladies, I need your advice on things to do to keep DD and me from going stircrazy tomorrow. MH needs the car in the afternoon, and honestly it's going to be way too hot to walk outside. We have a coffee shop in our building that we can visit, but what kinds of things are you doing with LO to beat the heat and keep from going crazy in the AC? If I had the car I would take her to the children's museum or the library. Looking for things to do at home!
Our little Samosa arrives in January!

Re: It's so damn hot

• We don't have AC and very rarely have the car so we fill a baby pool and DS splashes around a couple times a day.  I stick my feet in too for some relief.  Otherwise we treat it like any other day.  If we are going to walk we do it very early before the sun really beats down.  But it already feels like 95 at 6:30 in the morning and they expect it to get up around 115 later today so a walk at any time will be sweaty!  Good luck!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageOhBaby+2013:
    We don't have AC and very rarely have the car so we fill a baby pool and DS splashes around a couple times a day.  I stick my feet in too for some relief.  Otherwise we treat it like any other day.  If we are going to walk we do it very early before the sun really beats down.  But it already feels like 95 at 6:30 in the morning and they expect it to get up around 115 later today so a walk at any time will be sweaty!  Good luck!

no A/C!?! Keep cool momma! 

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • imagejobiann:

imageOhBaby+2013:
    We don't have AC and very rarely have the car so we fill a baby pool and DS splashes around a couple times a day.  I stick my feet in too for some relief.  Otherwise we treat it like any other day.  If we are going to walk we do it very early before the sun really beats down.  But it already feels like 95 at 6:30 in the morning and they expect it to get up around 115 later today so a walk at any time will be sweaty!  Good luck!

no A/C!?! Keep cool momma! 

Um, yeah, I would die. I'm such a baby...we keep it like, 72 in our house! I loooove winter...sigh.

• Ugh... it is so hot right now.  And really it's the humidity that mostly gets to me.  I'm bummed because I don't want to go outside and that limits the channels for DS to burn off energy.  Bad all around! 

I don't really have any ideas though.  At least we've still been able to get out to indoor things.  I think PP is right about splashing in some water.  Get a baby pool big enough for you both to sit in! 

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"