August 2013 Moms
Options

"First 3 words" GTKY

I'm really bored today. I was watching this documentary on Netflix and this woman was discussing what her first 3 words would be when she saw her baby for the first time after giving birth. So it got me wondering...what would my first 3 words be?

Obviously none of us really know since that moment isn't here yet but just for fun what would your first 3 words be?

Mine would be "Oh my God!!" which is so typical. I tend to become speechless when I'm in shock.

Your turn!
    DS born 8-16-2013
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: "First 3 words" GTKY

• Options
    Cheesy answer too. Mine would be "I love you"!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Oh my god, I love you, My baby girl - one of those and lots of crying :)

P.S. i love the new siggy :)

photo regina_zpsee0752b3.gif

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP #1 mm/c at 12w1d

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Happy birthday baby!
    Ezra James 08/22/2013  <3
    Nora Grace Due 12/26/2016  <3

Two Angel Babies 
    07/03/2012
    08/08/2015

"If you're still my small babe
    or you're all the way grown,
    my promise to you
    is you're never alone.
    You are my angel, my darling,
    my star...and my love will find you,
    wherever you are."
  • Options
    Pretty sure mine will be "Oh, thank God!" Haha!

• Options
    imagesomebodysmama21:
    It's funny you think you would say something really profound. All I said for about five minutes was 'Hi I'm your mama' It was like I needed this to sink in for both of us. Then I said 'you are the most beautiful thing I have ever seen' I didn't cry until I called my mom and I said 'she's here and she is perfect' and then I just started weeping like a baby.

That's beautiful! I feel like I have no idea what will come out of my mouth.
        DS born 8-16-2013
  • Options

imagesomebodysmama21:
    It's funny you think you would say something really profound. All I said for about five minutes was 'Hi I'm your mama' It was like I needed this to sink in for both of us. Then I said 'you are the most beautiful thing I have ever seen' I didn't cry until I called my mom and I said 'she's here and she is perfect' and then I just started weeping like a baby.

you made me teary eyed

photo regina_zpsee0752b3.gif

BFP #1 mm/c at 12w1d

• Options
    imagehenderson1026:
    Oh my god, I love you, My baby girl one of those and lots of crying :P.S. i love the new siggy :

Thank you!
        DS born 8-16-2013
  • Options

As soon as labor is over, I'm sure I will state a few words like, ***, ***, ***. Then as soon as I see my baby girl, I don't think I'll be able to say anything because I know I'll be bawling. I could see "Thank the Lord" coming out of my mouth.. Or making some kind of joke, because I do that when I get in situations I'm not familiar with!

ETA- MAN, now I've read other people's responses and I'm sitting here in my emotions with tears in my eyes really picturing this moment. Ah, hormones. 

A'13 June Siggy Contest- TV Dads
  • Options

"Dang, that hurt!"

LOL, I'm planning a med-free delivery.

Hopefully it's something more special though, like, "hi precious baby" or "I love you" lol.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP 3/29/2014 2u2 Let's do this!

BabyFruit Ticker

photo crunchy_zps41233998.gif

• Options
    Hmmm....
    Welcome baby boy
    Happy Birthday baby
    I love you
    Or hi there baby, I'm your mommy [more than 3 words, sue me lol]
    photo crunchy_zps41233998.gifimagephoto crunchy_zps41233998.gif
    My baby is ONE!!

• Options
    Mine will probably be "hi sweet baby" or something like that
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    mine will be, "i've waited forever"
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    i talk to the baby all the time and call him by his name, Mason. I could see myself calling him by his nickname .... "Aww, hi Mase!!!"

• Options
    I'm hoping I can even put words together. Probably will be something like "oh my baby" or "What is it" LOL since we're team green

image image  image  image

• Options
    LadyG7LadyG7 member
    Thank.you.God! With my first my emotions didn't kick in till the next morning. I was just happy to be done with contraction pain, back labor pain, and constant painful cervical checks during my all day labor.
    Somehow I think I will be the same way this time around.
  • Options
    Lol, funny with both my other two I think I said hi and then immediately said OMG you are so adorable or something to that effect. Then I told them not to cry, mommy is here.
    imageimageimageimage

• Options
    elvbrielvbri member
    imagesomebodysmama21:

I shed a tear reading this! I can't imagine what an incredible and emotional feeling it will be to meet our babies! It's overwhelming.
  • Options

imagepetey1106:

hahahaha. awesome! 

A'13 June Siggy Contest- TV Dads
  • Options
    I don't know if I'd even be able to say anything for a while but it would probably be "hi baby girl" followed by "I love you"
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Lots of sweet answers ladies!

I imagine it will be either Hi little one, Oh my god, or That's our baby. But we'll see. I wonder if I'll even remember. Lol!
  • Options
    I have no idea what my words will be, I can't even remember what I said after DS was born.
  • Options
    I'm hoping it'd be something profound or like "Hi sweet boy!" But who knows what will actually be said.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagepetey1106:

This is hilarious!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    2 words, holy sh*t. I've neer been great with words but I tend to cuss when I'm overwhelmed. I hope something better comes out instead
  • Options

imagesomebodysmama21:

I didn't get through the rest of the responses yet, but this made me tear up! So sweet.

I kind of pictured myself saying, "Welcome, welcome, welcome!" 

"The cleaning, the scrubbing will wait til tomorrow,
    For children grow up, as I've learned to my sorrow.
    So, quiet down cobwebs. Dust go to sleep.
    I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep."
  • Options
    "We did it!"
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure I'll say "Oh my God!" But now I'm curious to ask DH if he knows what I said with DD. I'm guessing that was it though. Wish I could wax poetic, but I suspect I'll just be totally overcome. May just say, oh, oh, oh over and over. :-p

• Options
    imagepetey1106:

Lmao!!!!!
  • Options
    imageELauren88:
    Pretty sure mine will be "Oh, thank God!" Haha!

I am guessing it will be something along these lines and not so cute and loving. Not that I wouldn't want to say something sweet...it's just I am guessing my brain won't be working that well.
  • Options
    To my son, I am pretty sure I said something like, well hi there baby! And then I totally had a flashback to "Look Who's Talking" (yes, I'm that old) when the baby is born and Kirstie Alley says, "So you're the one who's been kicking me!" And then the baby's voice says, "Well you're the one who's been eating all that spicy food!" haha, and so I'm pretty sure I said that. No idea why I even remember that.
  • Options
    "hi there sweety!" followed by "so good to meet you"

Engaged 10/2/1202
    BFP (a lil quicker than expected) 12/7/2012
    Married to my best friend 12/24/2012
    Beautiful baby girl arrived 8/15/2013
    BFP #2 3/13/2016

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have a feeling I will be crying too much to say anything.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    I don't remember what I said with DS but I remember remember my midwife told me to reach down and grab my baby. My first thoughts were... " holy sh!t he is slippery" and "don't drop him, don't drop him, don't drop him..."

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    I am too hormonal. Just thinking about this is making me cry!! I will probably say something dumb, like "hello baby!"

• Options
    I will probably say something like, "Hi my baby!!"
  • Options

Not profound, but my DD1 was not breathing/crying and had her cord around her when she was delivered. A team had to resuscitate her, so the first 15 minutes of her life all I said to anyone one was, "Is she okay?" and then to her, "Are you okay?" and back and forth again. I think that may have actually been 50% of what I said for the next 24 hours.

This time, I hope to say something a little more welcoming. 

• Options
    "I'm your momma." It's what I said to DS. Although, "Hi" might have snuck in there first.
    BFP 8/12/12 m/c 8/19/12 BFP 12/1/12 EDD 8/11/13

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I think mine would probably be simple like "Hi there baby" or something along those lines. 

Or considering I am team green it could also be "It's a ____"!

• Options

Probably "hi" or something silly. No idea but so fun to think about. 

P.S. California I love your new siggy pics! 

Pregnancy TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    RK125RK125 member
    I have no idea what I'll say but I see me saying something like "she's so little/big" or "she needs a name". (I know the last one's 4 words...oh well.)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"