October 2012 Moms

Student moms

How has being a student been with this LO or if you were a student with a previous LO? Please especially chime in if you were a graduate student. I am considering applying for a phd program. When I got my masters I was single and fancy free, lol.
Birthday

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Student moms

• imageBrooketheCat:
    I'm ABD all but dissertation, and I've found it to be extraordinarily difficult to dissertate. Luckily my MIL will watch her Wednesday mornings so I can have a few hours to work on it each week.

You're amazing! What's your degree in?
    mrs G what are you going for?
    I found grad school very hard just while pregnant. It also depends what you're in for and where you're going.

• imageBrooketheCat:
    I'm ABD all but dissertation, and I've found it to be extraordinarily difficult to dissertate. Luckily my MIL will watch her Wednesday mornings so I can have a few hours to work on it each week.

This is my fear! I just can't imagine.
    Birthday

• Loading the player...
  • imagelady dixneuf:
    imageBrooketheCat:

I found grad school very hard just while pregnant. It also depends what you're in for and where you're going.

Public health/applied ethics. We'll see!!!
    Birthday

• imageMrs.G123:
    imageBrooketheCat:

This is my fear! I just can't imagine.

I have an IRL friend who recently finished her PhD w a baby. I'm happy to put you in touch if you'd like

• imageMrs.G123:
    imagelady dixneuf:
    imageBrooketheCat:

Public health/applied ethics. We'll see!!!

Nice super interesting
    My ex h got his mph while we were together, super interesting
    I had a convo w Laura the other day, it really depends what go you for and where

• nealblnealbl member
    I started back in school when dd1 was 6 months old and I graduated this past may. I not going to sugar coat it working full time while going to school at night and be a mom and wife was freaking tough. I had many melt downs, but DH is amazing and if he was not so awese I would not have made it. I am so happy I did it though!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • i graduated last may with a MS. it was tough only because my final semester i was in my first tri and very sleepy:) i work in healthcare so early early days and late night classes sucked.

i found once you have a routine it is slightly easier but super helpful! a PhD might be easier since group work may not set your schedule back! Give yourself plenty of down time and time with kiddos in your scheule. If you can.  can you tell how annoyed i was with group work my last semester:)

Good lucka PhD thats awesome! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am working on my master's in functional special education.  It hasn't been too hard yet, but I was told my classes are about to get a lot harder.  The hardest thing is trying to find time to work.  I tried to stay late after work so I could do homework.
    Lilypie - Personal picture    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie - Personal picture    
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"