Special Needs

Brag Day Wednesday

because I can't wait for someone else to start it!!!

Last night, for the first time EVER, DD independently pushed herself into a sitting position!!!!!

Of course it was when she was supposed to be sound asleep in bed for the night.

She's been talking to herself/singing/laughing/playing with her feet for up to 2 hours after being put in bed for the night. Last night she was conspicuously quiet so I went in to check on her. She was sitting up in bed, looking like a little owl, playing with her blanket. I got excited, I praised her, and she gave me this look that clearly said, "what's the big deal, Mommy? I've always known how to do this." After laying her back down, I checked on her again 15 minutes later and there she was, sitting up on her own.

If she continues to do this, we'll finally have to lower her crib mattress!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Brag Day Wednesday

• SO lately DS has been requesting to wear his lightning mcqueen underwear here and there for at least an hour a day. We ask him if he needs to go potty and he says no. He has gone a couple of times in the toilet. He has been dry during that hour. He did ask to wear underwear to daycare. We are getting close.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks for posting! 

We are on Vacation in Buffalo and Getting ready for a communtiy yard sale so I just got to the computer...

oh and.. Pee Pee and Poop on the potty w/o a seat ring. Go Nate!

Carry On! 

WAY 2 Cool 4 School

• Loading the player...
  • DS1 pointed to me and called me mama!!!!!! My son knows who I am!!! 

DS1: 4/15/2011
    Dx: ASD, SPD and receptive and expressive speech delay at 21 months
    BFP #2: CP 5/2012
    DS2: 4/24/2013
    BFP #4: Miscarriage at 5 weeks 7/2014
    BFP #5: 8/8/2014 Due 4/20/2015 
    Its a healthy girl!!!!! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagemommy0411:
    DS1 pointed to me and called me mama!!!!!! My son knows who I am!!! 

That is so nice to hear!

I think DS called me mama closer to 3.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Disney.was.awesome. I'll do a separate post about it, with pics. 

DD1 has been so sweet to DD2 (at times) this week. We painted nails last night and DD1 chose a glow-in-the-dark polish and wanted to show it off to DD2, who was too scared to go in the dark bathroom and shut the door. DD1 put her arms around DD2 and assured her, "Don't worry, Elsa, I will be right next to you in the dark and I will protect you."

DD2 still wasn't convinced, but it was a really sweet moment.  

DD1, 1/5/2008 ~~~ DD2, 3/17/2010
  • imageDixieNormous330:

because I can't wait for someone else to start it!!!

Last night, for the first time EVER, DD independently pushed herself into a sitting position!!!!!

Of course it was when she was supposed to be sound asleep in bed for the night.

She's been talking to herself/singing/laughing/playing with her feet for up to 2 hours after being put in bed for the night. Last night she was conspicuously quiet so I went in to check on her. She was sitting up in bed, looking like a little owl, playing with her blanket. I got excited, I praised her, and she gave me this look that clearly said, "what's the big deal, Mommy? I've always known how to do this." After laying her back down, I checked on her again 15 minutes later and there she was, sitting up on her own.

If she continues to do this, we'll finally have to lower her crib mattress!!!!!!!!!!!

Woohoo for lowering the crib mattress!!! I remember that moment and it's amazing!

DS1 has figured out how to climb up on furniture.  I'm not sure if this should a brag or a "screw me" because now every time i have to go to the bathroom I have to cover the couch and chairs up so he doesn't climb them while i'm gone.  He hasn't mastered getting off yet.  or not realizing that he can't kneel on the edge and turn around. 

To my boys:  I will love you for you Not for what you have done or what you will become I will love you for you I will give you the love The love that you never knew
  • d.fd.f member
     went to the annual picnic put by our local Arc.  DS did great.  He had a full blown back and forth reciprocal conversation with the fireman on the fire engine. (why is there a bigger hose and a smaller hose?  Do you need these boots to protect your feet from fire? Do you drive the fire truck?(no) why not?  What's this?)   He was using gestures (albeit a bit stilted) and every thing.  

He sat still for face painting.  He saw a picture of Spider-Man and decided he wanted to be Ironman and the painter obliged.  People would ask if her was ironman and he would say "not really, I just look like Ironman". Then he sat quiet and politely for the magic show without DH or I within arms reach (never would have happened a year ago). Finally, he played well in the bounce house.  It was a great evening!!!

[Img]https://aarondawn.smugmug.com/photos/i-gZwrHGs/0/S/image-S.jpg[img]

DS 09/2008

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"